Author Topic: Gyno ?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline dokkan789

• Posting Member
I made a topic in the general questions thread but have had continued chest burning....
Can anyone tell me if this is starting to look like gyno or if the itchying means its coming along...
The burning is pretty much unbearable....
And it moves around from my sternum to my stomach and both sides of my ribs...the most painful is my nipple area :/
Just asking if anyone has any ideas :'(
https://s30.postimg.org/z0hmbnj7l/20170131_210002.jpg
https://s23.postimg.org/mqlbfq46j/20170131_210035.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/9lrlor303/20170131_210142.jpg

Its made worse by wearing shirts and wearing a seat belt....

hammer

No, I see no enlargement going on with your breast at all! 

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
To answer your last point first; I hear you on the seat belts.  Those shoulder harnesses come up and if they are too low, I am fairly tall, they can be real obnoxious especially in the passenger’s seat.

However I agree with Hammer; I just don’t seem to see any growth at this point that would indicate gynecomastia.  Your nipples/areolas may look a little puffy and pinkish but not to the extent that you would expect with gynecomastia.  There is a wide range of “normal” for body parts.  You look like you are in pretty good shape and not overweight at all, so you don’t have breasts from obesity either.

With all that said you are indicating irritation typical of gynecomastia and breast growth.  So let’s analyze this a bit.  The two most common times when men develop breast growth are puberty and andropause.  Gynecomastia is caused in puberty by too much testosterone that it becomes estrogen and stimulates breast growth.  Andropause is the decrease in testosterone because of age. Testosterone decreases by about 10% every decade after men reach the age of 30.  But, unless you have a dramatic loss of testosterone like Hammer, it takes several decades before the loss of testosterone should be a problem.  With testosterone, like many things in life, too much or not enough can be a problem.

So from looking at you in the photos, you look past puberty and well before andropause.  So the typical ages of onset shouldn’t be an issue.  You are also fairly thin which is good, fat tissue absorbs testosterone and allows for the effects of estrogen.  So unless you are a chronic weed smoker or anabolic steroid user you are clear of the typical risk factors.  The next thing is do you feel a stiff lumpy mass under or around the nipple?  That could be gland tissue, but it is not visible in your photos.

My suggestion would be to actually visit a doctor.  Even the doctors on this site have said it is very difficult to give a diagnosis with absolute certainty by a photo only.

Offline dokkan789

• Posting Member
Thanks again everyone.

I had my t levels checked and its low but in range and my e is low but in range...

Im constantly at the doctors due to having Rhumatoid A and AS :/

So im not sure if the rib pain is from the ra or from growing gyno...

Im guessing gyno pain should be located to only the breast area and not rib cage?

hammer

HairyKnockers, you really do a nice job with your explanation!  With my arthritic hands I would need to let them rest for a day after all that typing! Thanks for doing such a great job!

Bob

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
Ok dokkan789; let’s back up a bit here.  You just dropped a bit of a bombshell that you have rheumatoid arthritis, nothing like burying the lead.  Rheumatoid arthritis can affect your skin and cause itching.  Even worse several medications used to treat RA can cause skin problems and itching, double whammy—the disease and cure.

Medically speaking itching is “pruritus” a well known factor in rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.  In an autoimmune disease the body’s immune system acts abnormally and attacks its own healthy cells.  Although RA is mostly thought of as a disease of the joints, it is a chronic long-term disease that can lead to a number of serious complications.  I presume that you are being treated by a rheumatologist as many factors of RA are simply not well understood by a general practice physician.

Have you discussed the itching with your rheumatologist?  Besides the likely suspects of dermatitis and urticaria, it could be something more serious such as rheumatoid vasculitis, the inflammation of blood vessels.  While vasculitis is comorbid with RA it is still fairly rare so don’t panic; but it can become serious.

Urticaria (hives) often presents in the trunk area.  So while we are looking at symptoms and comorbidity of RA it could be a simple dermatological issue of allergic urticara or contact dermatitis.  Or as I mentioned above side effects of drugs used to treat RA; sun sensitivity is a well documented side effect of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and methotrexate, a DMARD (Disease-modifying antirheumatic drug).  So after your rheumatologist if you don’t get an answer see a dermatologist.

By the way, I don’t see any evidence of the issues I mentioned above in your photos; but most would not be something well identified by your photos anyway.  In all cases when you have a chronic disease you must be proactive as a patient and discuss any symptoms, especially new ones, with your physician.

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your comments Hammer, that is high praise coming from you.  I try to apply the scientific methods that I learned many years ago and think things through clearly and logically.  I try to remember what Einstein said, “Things should be made simple, not simpler.”  Problem is it is hard work to make complex problems simple—plus I am not Einstein, just a scientist.

As for your fingers, I assume you have osteoarthritis as do I.  The curse of getting old and doing a bunch of stuff with my hands over the years, but the alternative to getting old is even less appealing.  Sometimes typing does get to me but I find it easier than handwriting and faster.  Anyway I don’t see the arthritis slowing you down too much, you have written a ton on the site.

Offline dokkan789

• Posting Member
Heh :3
Thanks for the detailed post :)
Im on a drug called Humira for my ra. I have never had itchts before and i have been on it sonce 2010 but i hope its just a flare up :/
Im seeing the rhumy in like a few weeks. 
I have got a rash or like dry scale skin develope on my sternum and near my collar bone
Its just the itchy nipples that worry me, my test was on the low side :/ when it was test...

hammer

Thanks for your comments Hammer, that is high praise coming from you.  I try to apply the scientific methods that I learned many years ago and think things through clearly and logically.  I try to remember what Einstein said, “Things should be made simple, not simpler.”  Problem is it is hard work to make complex problems simple—plus I am not Einstein, just a scientist.

As for your fingers, I assume you have osteoarthritis as do I.  The curse of getting old and doing a bunch of stuff with my hands over the years, but the alternative to getting old is even less appealing.  Sometimes typing does get to me but I find it easier than handwriting and faster.  Anyway I don’t see the arthritis slowing you down too much, you have written a ton on the site.

Yes, my body has arthritis all over, back is probably the worst even after the 3 surgeries and even after both knees replaced I still have problems!  If having arthritis in the hands isn't enough I found out yesterday that I've now got neuropathy in my hands and arms too! I've had it in my feet and legs for over 20 years, that's the reasons for the wheelchair. 😞 oh well I guess it just more to learn to live with!

Oh, and the really sad news, I need a couple new bra too, lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024