Author Topic: Looking for a surgeon  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Alpha90210

• Posting Member
I figure this is a good place to start. Recently lost 70 pounds and have a decent amount of gland and excess skin.

Looking for any surgeon who would do this for around $5000 USD or less under local anesthesia ONLY. I am willing to travel out of state and I am ready financially. Of course I would require a consultation but lets start here.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
After having lost that much weight, your breasts are most likely drooping and the nipples are disproportionately low.  Most of the time, you will need skin tightening and nipple re-positioning -- and there are number of ways to do this. But this is a substantially larger and longer operation than the standard minimal scar procedures that most surgeons perform.

I seriously doubt if your available funds would be sufficient to pay for this type of operation. Also, your insistence on doing this lengthy procedure under local anesthesia is misguided.

If you cannot afford a private surgeon, then suggest you seek help at a plastic surgery clinic at a major teaching hospital in your area.  There, you may be able to have your procedure done at a reasonable cost -- but understand it will be the plastic surgery resident in training who does the procedure -- with a senior attending surgeon supervising the operation.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Dr. Jacobs. Be careful with the cost though. While cost is important I would not recommend that as the highest priority. Gynecomastia is not as simple as many inexperienced surgeons think. revisional surgery can be difficult and bad scars stay forever. Might be better to wait a little longer and save a little more.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Cost is always a factor in any decision. I would stress there are many other factors as well.I personally would add trying to solicit a cost without any idea of the specific operation required is premature. I would suggest you start by posting some photos of your case. Obtain some thoughts from qualified people as to what should be done and go from there.
I recently refused to operate on a patient with a complex case who had seen two other young and inexperienced surgeons who told the patient it should easy to completely correct all the patient's  issues.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It sounds like your condition would not be easily managed under local anesthesia, but photos would allow for a better assessment of your situation.  While price sensitivity is a problem for most patients, you should not limit your options to what you can afford at the moment, but rather, find out what it will cost to correct your condition properly and save for that.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024