Author Topic: Jacked nipple 1 year p.o. (photos)  (Read 1472 times)

Offline RoundRobin

• Posting Member
I had my surgery one year ago. From the moment that the bandages were taken off, I could see that my nipple was pointing downward. I was told to give it six months but the problem persisted.
The two photos are both with me flexing the muscle which increases the degree to which the nipple pushes out and down.

Has anybody seen anything like this before?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It would be helpful to see the pre-op photos. You may have had a very soft areola, or prominent nipple which would have predisposed ou to this. Nevertheless, you might have some residual tissue beneath the nipple and / or some scar tissue retraction. I would think that this would be able to be fixed with just a small revision.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
It appears the skin has retracted. It might be possible to fix this with a minor surgical procedure. I would recommend a visit to your plastic surgeon or seek out a second opinion from an expert gynecomastia surgeon. 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
A couple of points.First the best way to assess the situation is without having the pectoral muscles flexed because as you note flexion increases the deformation. It appears you have some scarring particularly in the inferior aspect of the areola and below. The treatment would be release of the scar and potentially rotation of fat into what appears to be a depression at the incision site.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
As the others have noted, the deformity should be able to be addressed with a minor revision.  To my eye, it looks like the peri-areolar scar may be adherent to the deeper tissue causing the deformity. This would need to be released and padded with a little fat flap to lift it back up and keep it up.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024