Author Topic: 2 months post op - one nipple inward  (Read 1537 times)

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Dear Drs,
I did my surgery before 2 months exactly. I resized also my nipples (in height). One is ok. The other is turned inwards. I had stitches the first 3-4 weeks to both nipples, but the incisions and stitches were totally different in each nipple. Now the area is still hard and i dont know if this is normal and will pop out in few weeks, or my surgeon did something wrong to my nipple?

Both nipples were similar and had the exactly "problem" (tall in height). Why a surgeon might do different technique in each nipple?
Thank you

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It looks like your nipple is being drawn in by scar tissue. I can't tell if there is an incision that ran right through the center of the nipple. If so this would explain it. Check with your surgeon about trying to pinch the nipple outward during the healing process.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Quote from: Dr. Dr. Schuster link=topic=32602.msg207714#msg207714 date=1496791996
It looks like your nipple is being drawn in by scar tissue. I can't tell if there is an incision that ran right through the center of the nipple. If so this would explain it. Check with your surgeon about trying to pinch the nipple outward during the healing process.

Yes, the incision at the nipple of the picture ran through the center. So, can i do something to help it (like you said above to pinch the nipple outward after talking to my surgeon for correct instructions) or it will pop out by itself?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:56:57 PM by res.Cogitans »

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Can i have a help please? any info is very helpful.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Check with your surgeon about agressive massage. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024