Author Topic: Is this Gyno?  (Read 1611 times)

Offline P1TT

• Posting Member
I am 31 5' 9" 147lbs. I believe i have gyno and had it since middle school. I have struggled to gain  weight for years and anytime i would gain, it would go to my chest/thighs. I believe my condition is considered "skinny fat" I have been working out for the past three months in hopes to gain lean muscle and to also shape my chest. My current workout regimen consist of decline push-ups, chin ups, squats/calf raises along with resistance bands. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:46:45 AM by P1TT »

Offline walt

• Gold Member
looks like you have a mild case , compared to most of us here , working out might help it depends on if you have mainly adipose tissue or some real breast tissue growth. the only way is to have a Dr do a thorough breast exam. anyway whatever you decide to do good luck.we are here for support. you could also ask one of the moderator Dr.s

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
I would agree that you do have gynecomastia; your breasts look very female like in shape.  Your case seems more pronounced than others who have larger breasts because your body is so thin.  You do not seem to have the normal amount of muscle in the chest and arms that many men do.  I guess this is what you refer to as “Skinny Fat”.  I would not say that you are in bad shape; I wish I had you waist size, but it makes your breasts more pronounced.  Body looks a little unbalanced.

A couple of comments on building up more muscle mass; if you have tried to gain muscle mass and have been unable to you should have a full work up by an endocrinologist.  Lack of adequate testosterone can make building muscle difficult.  You seem to have very little body hair, much of which is genetics, but can also point to lowered testosterone.  Better to have a pro take a look at your hormone levels and see if you have a problem that can be helped medically.

Finally on building some muscle mass, cut down the cardio and replace it with strength (weight) training.  Studies have found that strength training causes the body to produce more testosterone, where cardio can decrease muscle mass in cases where your diet is not sufficient to support the exercise and will in turn burn muscle as well as fat.

An interesting fact that I read awhile back is that both obesity and starvation can cause breast growth.  Fat in an obese male absorbs the testosterone leaving more estrogen available while cases of male starvation cause the body to lower the production of testosterone but seemingly not estrogen.  The researcher who wrote this did not seem to have, at least that I understood, a clear path on the science behind this.  The point is you need balanced hormones and diet both or your body will not function as designed.

See SmokeyNYY’s post linked here for his excellent work out and diet.
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31902.msg204092#msg204092

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024