Author Topic: Question regarding severity...  (Read 1707 times)

Offline kerplunk80

I'm 25 years old, 5'10" about 185 lbs.  I've had (what I'm assuming to be) gynecomastia for as long as I can remember...it's always been largely detrimental to my self esteem and I'm finally ready to fix the issue.  My question is, if it is gynecomastia - which I'm almost completely positive it is, all things considered - how severe is my case in comparison to average cases?  Who are the top surgeons I should be contacting to help correct the problem?  Do I need to have all the money up front, or are there payment plans or other types of financial aid I can look into to help cover the costs of surgery?  Will a medical card help with any of the bills at all or is it completely useless?  Thanks for any replies in advance -- I appreciate any help I can get.

hammer

You definitely have a case of gynecomastia!  First of all I would start with a why, do I have this problem? This you can do with your family doctor. Then once you know that and if you want to find a surgeon be sure to find a very qualified gynecomastia surgeon or you're going to be just as unhappy after the surgery as you are now!

You are at a great place to start your search for that surgeon as we have many right here on the forum. But first you may what to know why you have breast, unless you already know.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes you have it.
The severity is not determined by size or shape, There but few rare physical problems associated with the condition, the problems as you have already realized are with a person's self esteem.   If you are greatly troubled by it, then it is severe.  If you can ignore it, then it is not severe.  Your personal opinion is the only one that counts. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024