Author Topic: 6 weeks and not happy!  (Read 1096 times)

Offline PoorResults

• Posting Member
Please take a look at my picture.

Not happy with the 6 weeks results, looked great after surgery and now seems to be getting fatty and puffy.

Lots of lumpy areas along the incision areas and below nipples, extremely puffy!

I feel it was a very bad job, please give me your thoughts and if it will improve or just go back to how it was!

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I am sorry to hear about your unhappiness. Healing from gynecomastia surgery takes at least three months. During the healing process it is very common to feel areas of lumpiness and there cn be some minor irregularities. I generally instruct my patients on massage but some surgeons don't agree so it is best to discuss this directly with your urgeon and follow his / her instructions. Hang in there.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with Dr. Schuster; it takes a minimum of 3 months of healing before you can see how you'll ultimately look.  And I hope you are discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  Feeling after only 6 weeks that this was a "bad job" is not being realistic.  Try to be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Looking at your photos, you may need some revision, but as noted, it's too early to say.  I generally will not even discuss revision before 7 - 8 months, and things will improve for up to a year, though some issues needing revision are apparent earlier than that.  I still recommend waiting in most cases, since it's better to do one revision, and other issues may appear over time leading up to the year post-op mark. I prefer doing revisions 9 months to a year post-op, in which case most issues are apparent. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024