Author Topic: Combining Pectoral Implants with Gynecomastia Surgery  (Read 852 times)

Edward1

So I'm a skinny dude with puffy nipple gynecomastia with problems building my pectoral area. As such, I'm considering getting large pectoral implants to attain my desired look. Is ti possible to combine these procedures, and if so - what should I be aware of, and how would they come together?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Pectoral implants are flexible, solid silicone rubber which are placed beneath your own pec muscles.  There are only a few sizes available -- and the size should be matched to your own physique.  If you are skinny, then there may be limitations to the size of the implant..

Most plastic surgeons should be able to place these implants for you in combination with gynecomastia surgery.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:39:05 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I have taken care of a few patients who wanted pectoral implants in conjunction with contouring to correct gynecomastia.  This can be done very effectively at the same time with very nice results.  As Dr. Jacobs has indicated, the size would be determined based on exam and your current proportions and what implant would fit and look appropriate.  Pec implants are different from women's breast implants, and your best bet is to find a surgeon who is comfortable with both gynecomastia surgery and pectoral implants--and many plastic surgeons use these implants infrequently--so do your homework!
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024