Author Topic: Fielding post-op questions  (Read 2141 times)

Offline The Twins

• Posting Member
1/ I understand Dr. Fielding does his operations on Wednesdays.   How long after that is the post-op exam?  

2/ I have read from previous posts that he takes off the foam during the post op exam so you are just left with the tensor.  I understand the tensor reduces swelling.  What is the purpose of the foam?  Is that worn under the tensor?

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
The post-op exam is usually the following Tuesday (at least it was for me) so that's almost a week after surgery. The reason for this is to make sure the healing process is going well and to answer any queries. It's not necessary to go to Fileding if it's not possible though, any doctor will do.

This is just conjecture, but I believe the foams pads are glued over the incisions so that the wounds retain their shape and don't protrude in order to heal properly. The foam is placed under the tensor wrap and you basically can't touch it for a week.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 06:17:25 PM by Creek »

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I'm going in fro Ottawa, so they said that I'd have my post-op on Friday, 2 days after the surgery.  I'll ask him if it's okay to take the foam pad off on the monday, 5 days post-op, as I'd be going back to school and don't want it to be obvious.

Offline The Twins

• Posting Member
Thanks guys.  

I'll post my pics soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024