Author Topic: Gyno recurrence –– Revision necessary?-  (Read 664 times)

Offline rightshark78

Hi,

Thanks for reading my post. I’m a 19 year old who’s suffered/dealt with pubertal gynecomastia since I was 15. I had gynecomastia surgery in early January of 2020. Post-operative results were amazing–– everything I could’ve asked for.

However, in September 2020 (around 7 months afterward), I noticed considerable change in the size of the left breast (initially much bigger than right pre-op). It lost that “pec” contour and rounded out / filled out, with quite the noticeable hook. Again, in early August 2020, everything was looking exceptional. 3 things changed (that I’ve read are related to gyno glandular re-growth) in September: I started smoking marijuana 2-3x a week, I was prescribed/started using topical Ketaconazole shampoo for dandruff, and I added beans & coffee creamer to my diet. By October, my left breast had changed. I’ve continued smoking, routinely using the shampoo, and the same diet since (October-March), yet haven’t noticed any more growth. There was no growth/change in the right breast. With spring break & summer near, I’m concerned about my post-operative results and what the future looks like…

My questions are as follows:
  • Would you agree that there has been growth in the left breast (rounded, hooked, boob-like contour) or am I overreacting?
  • Is 7-month post-op re-growth normal? Is it glandular tissue, scar tissue, fluid build up (seroma), or something else? Do you agree either the marijuana or shampoo spiked estrogen levels, contributing to gyno recurrence… or could it be just late puberty running its course or a result of dieting changes (beans, eggs, milks, etc)?
  • Is revision necessary, or would massaging/injections/workout/cardio/diet fix it?

Below, I’ve attached 10 photos below with the left breast in every photo circled in black, and 4 photos labeled “before sept” & 6 labeled “after sept”.

As of now, I have stopped smoking marijuana and using the topical dandruff shampoo. I am working on getting in better shape and lowering body fat as well.

Thanks to all the doctors and users that offer insight.

Much appreciated,
rightshark78

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024