Author Topic: 11 weeks post op Nipple CONCERN  (Read 868 times)

Offline Footballfan55

Hi All!

First off thank you to all the wonderful Drs who took the time to get this website and forum started to help those suffering with this mentally draining cosmetic nightmare called Gynocomastia lol!

I was able to get the surgery this year done on March 2nd, so I am a little bit over 2 months post-op... I had both gland removal and a combine 250cc from my chest removed via Lipo. 72 hours after the surgery my chest looked great and my nipples and chest were flat. However on week 4 my left nipple started to really protrude out and become worse looking than pre-surgery. It feels like fat or maybe just too much gland was left over, it’s not hard so I don’t believe it’s scar tissue (I’m not an expert)... so at week 6 I decided to visit my surgeon and voiced my concerns. He said it could be swelling or scar tissue causing the nipple to be puffy/protruding. He injected me with the kenalog shot and said depending on how I heal and recover I may need 1 or 2 more injections before considering revision surgery... 3 days after the shot it seemed to flatten out, but now 2 weeks after it seems to be puffy again.

My question is, although I know I am only 2 months post op and that is extremely early to determine if this is final results or if I may need revision surgery. Does this look from my pics which I will post pre, 72 hours post, 5 weeks post, and current pic that I will most likely need revision surgery hopefully at the 6 month mark? Or is this typical how heeling process looks.

Thanks in advance!

Pre surgery

72 hours post

5 weeks post op

Current Pic (2 months post-op with 1 kenalog injection.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:59:16 PM by Footballfan55 »

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I am finding it difficult to see what is going on in the recent photos you attached. Perhaps you can take a photo a little further back to allow your entire chest to be seen as it is right now. From what you are describing it sounds as though there may be a chance not enough glandular tissue was taken from beneath the areola/s, but I can't say for certain a) based on the picture it's hard to tell b) you are still healing. 

Maybe attach another photo? 

Thanks, Dr. Cruise
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Footballfan55

Thanks for the response and your input Dr. Cruise.. above are 3 different angles. The Red Line on the pics is just letting you know that is the left side, and side I’m concerned about. Officially 10 weeks post op. Had my 1st kenalog injection 2 weeks ago. 

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Thank you for submitting more photos. It really is too early to know how things will develop in the coming weeks/months. As you already know. 6 months is typically how long you should wait before considering a possible revision. During the healing process, it is completely normal to see asymmetries between the two sides and scar tissue can be a contributing factor. With my patients, I advise wearing a compression garment for 3 months along with massaging any areas with pronounced scar tissue. Kenalog injections can also be helpful. It sounds like your surgeon has said you may need one or two more. Continuing following his instructions and monitoring the situation. If you still have concerns around the 6-month mark, this will be the time to discuss what might be possible to get you closer to result you are wanting. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024