Author Topic: Now Booking 2nd gyne surgery  (Read 3623 times)

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
To follow up on my earlier posting where I was concerned that my gyne surgery was unsuccessful....

I was told by my Dr. that I had gland and fat tissue, and I was understood that he was doing lipo and gland removal. However, when the bandages came off I realized that he only did lipo.

When I booked a follow up appointment 3 weeks post op, I was still wearing the tensor and was relatively happy with the flatness of my chest. Compared to the pre op pics that the Dr took, it was a huge improvement. When I asked him about it, he said he thought that he could avoid making a scar by not doing the incision. He said the chance of a 95% improvement without the scarring was the reason he made the decision.

HOWEVER, in the next few weeks I noticed that the nipples were protruding more and more. After a few more weeks I realized that as the swelling went down the hard gland tissue was becoming more apparent.

I went back to him to tell him how unhappy I was, and he unapologetically declared that I now need another surgery to now removed the gland. Although the 2nd surgery will not be as painful, I am pissed that he made this decision while I was on the op table.

His quote you can always add a scar, but cannot remove one.

I just caution everyone to clearly communicate your wishes to your surgeon. This Doc seems to speed patients through the process. Its up to you to ask the right questions.

Instead of enjoying my summer, all healed up, I will be again recovering from another surgery.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
which doctor is this

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
To follow up on my earlier posting where I was concerned that my gyne surgery was unsuccessful....

I was told by my Dr. that I had gland and fat tissue, and I was understood that he was doing lipo and gland removal. However, when the bandages came off I realized that he only did lipo.

When I booked a follow up appointment 3 weeks post op, I was still wearing the tensor and was relatively happy with the flatness of my chest. Compared to the pre op pics that the Dr took, it was a huge improvement. When I asked him about it, he said he thought that he could avoid making a scar by not doing the incision. He said the chance of a 95% improvement without the scarring was the reason he made the decision.

HOWEVER, in the next few weeks I noticed that the nipples were protruding more and more. After a few more weeks I realized that as the swelling went down the hard gland tissue was becoming more apparent.

I went back to him to tell him how unhappy I was, and he unapologetically declared that I now need another surgery to now removed the gland. Although the 2nd surgery will not be as painful, I am pissed that he made this decision while I was on the op table.

His quote you can always add a scar, but cannot remove one.

I just caution everyone to clearly communicate your wishes to your surgeon. This Doc seems to speed patients through the process. Its up to you to ask the right questions.

Instead of enjoying my summer, all healed up, I will be again recovering from another surgery.

What PS is this and man that sucks.......I hope iam not in the same all tho I had excision and no lipo.............So the gland should be gone and that is the only way to get it out.....So he should of done that................

Good luck
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:39:22 AM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I went to Dr. Law in Kitchener. I respect his decision to try to do the job without cutting me up, but I just wanted to inform others of this situation.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
i had the same doc.. i got cut up however my nipple has quite the scar under it! make sure this is what you wanted.. my post op pics are going up tonight i have felt weird lately though my skin around my chest is turning a slight yellowy color im thinking this is a bruise.. the Tensor is so annoying to keep on

Buddy did you put both tensor pieces on or just the one? i had two tensor bandages i am just wearing one now instead of both as its easier to hold one in place as two tend to fall off or move down to my stomach as i move around..

I am also terrified if i stretch too much the scar will open up and my nipple will flap up, is this even possible? i hope im not overworrid.. i hope to have the pics up tonight its hard to get photos up atm fo rme.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
I went to Dr. Law in Kitchener. I respect his decision to try to do the job without cutting me up, but I just wanted to inform others of this situation.

It sems u have to go through more crap and I think all thr PS's should know how to do this right the first time........Some do ther is alot of succsses stories here so ther is hope........In your case I would bre upset also but know is he going to do it for free..........

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

buddy.....

Did Dr. Law originally charge you for excision and lipo or just lipo?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Photos coming later tonight.. Buddy did your sheet for the hospital also say "Bilateral Masectomy Excision + lipolysis" ? Mine said that and I am beginnning to think he did not perform Excision on me either.. I will post my photos tonight in this forum and hopefully you guys can tell me if  he did or did not.

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
You would know if excision was performed.

From what I understand lipo is NOT done through the nipple, exicision is.

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I am not sure what I said before I went under. I think I said bilateral mastecomy but I am unsure if I also said lypolysis or incision. I thought that it was all part of the same package. I am not paying anything for the next surgery as the excision is covered by OHIP. Thanks for your responses.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
mine said "bilateral masectomy + excision and Lipolysis" on the sheet.

Buddy how long did you wear the tensor for? did he tell you six weeks as well ?

I updated my pics too i am pretty sure he did excision reserving judgement on that for you all and when i see him on the 13th

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024