Author Topic: Question for the DR Fielding experts??  (Read 2580 times)

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
Im from Ottawa, so how long will I have to stay in toronto when I get the surgery??

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
I'm from BC and Fielding said to give it a day or two, then jump on a plane.  With Ottawa, you are probably driving, so you could probably spend and extra day and night at a hotel to take it easy, then drive back (provided someone else is driving).  If no one will go with you, I'd probably take the bus or train.  I did read about one guy that drove home right after his op, but he was a bit of a crazy mother f'r!

Because you (and I)are not local,  Fielding recommends a night in the hospital after the op because if there are complications (hematoma) it usually manifests by the morning and can be dealt with right there.  Maybe do one more night at a hotel to take it easy, then head back to the Capital.  Sucks that you have no CFL this year!
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Bossman, I forgot that you are probably just getting excision (not lipo) so you probably can drive right back to Ottawa after.  I think the excision is waaay less traumatic than the lipo that most cases require.  He might give you a bit of lipo to smoothe things out, but from your pics, it doesn't appear that he'd be doing very much lipo, if any at all.  Fielding will tell you though.

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
supaaman, are you flying here for consultation and flying home... and doing the same for the sugery? thats like $1200 in travel?

or are you having the consultation and the surgery done at the same time?

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
I had my consultation about 4-5 weeks ago when I was in TO on business.  I'll have to spend my own cash on the next flight, but I figured flight/hotel, etc would cost me an extra grand.  I wanted to go with Fielding because he seems to be one of two experts in Canada (he and Lista, both in TO) + his price is good.  I hate travelling (I do it a lot for work), but I wanted to go with experience.  There does not seem to be anyone in Vancouver with similar credentials and experience for this particular surgery.

I was impressed with Dr. Fielding in the consult.

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
I see, and those are good reasons. How long between consultation and actual surgery?

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
They say it can vary as they get lots of cancellations and such.  I still do not have a date set.  I think i will call next week.  Not in a huge hurry because I would really rather wait until the fall.

I have heard it could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to 3-4 months.

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
How long was the surgery date from the first time you called for you guys??

Offline ireallyhatemyself

• Posting Member
For me I had my one and only consult 11 days after my Doctor referred me, and my surgery date was about 5 weeks from my consult. May 29th was my consult and July 5th will be my surgery date. I'm pretty much counting down the days.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024