Author Topic: I’ve Gyno…please comment…  (Read 4474 times)

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
Hello all,
I’m 26 (5”9) have Gyno since I was 14 or so.  
I found this board about one month ago or so. I didn’t know what I have was a condition known as Gynecomastia untill the day I found this board.
I really feel like I belong here… you guys are great.. understanding and supportive…
I thought about surgery but I’m not sure…
To be honest, the idea of going under the knife is terrifying for me. I’m full of questions, doubts, fears and uncertainties…
These are my pics.. http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/GynecoMan/

Thanks

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
This ones a tricky one.Firstly you are not overweight and in good shape so fat isn't an issue here. Secondly looking at your pics I only saw something on the last pic. , the close up one. The rest in particular the ones a slight distance away I cannot see an issue.From this distance it looks like pecs. Also from the side shots it is not visable at all , with cases of gyne normally it is visable from the side.

No you are not flat chested but to me what is causing your chest to like it does is muscle.Hmm I trying to think of an example of what i am talking about.Look at a pic of Mike Tyson ;D his chest is not flat but try telling him he has gyne ;D ;D At the age you are also , not many men will have a totally flat chest, most teens will have flat chests but once you get into your mid  twenties you bulk up. You are actually in better shape than many men your age I reckon.

Now with the close up I can see something behind the nipples . Due to your BF lvl it is probably a bit of gyne .From your teens as you stated.  So from your pics I would say a minor case.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:19:23 AM by Worrier »

Offline rockin813

• Bronze Member
  • Doesn't have to be this bad....
I agree...the last shot is somewhat supsicious...but rest look like pectorials from working out.  I think you look fine...if not good (just being supportive).  But that doesn't mean you don't feel great.  Does it bother you when you're sitting...and hunched over?  does it remain intact or become jelly like?  The jelly like feeling is what bothers me the most....it's a constant reminder that I have this condition.

Regards
Jack
We're all made up different...but can learn from one another...

Offline Hypo-is-here

There is some glandular mass in the chest as there is with ALL men to some degree or other but to think that is gynecomastia is simply crazy to me....I could be wrong though- just my honest opinion.  

What I can say is most men with gynecomastia would pray to have a chest like that post surgery.

If it affecting you a lot see what your gp and see what they think.  I certainly think if that is affecting you a lot it is more likely a BDD case....again that is just my honest opinion.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 01:57:57 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
i’m very greatful I found this site…
thanks a lot guys for your supportive comments.
Does it bother you when you're sitting...and hunched over?  does it remain intact or become jelly like?

Well, when i hunched over I could grab the whole breast with my hand and it feels jelly like; however when contracting my pectorals (same position) the only thing I could grab is the the area around the nipple... probabily my gyno :(

What I can say is most men with gynecomastia would pray to have a chest like that post surgery.

Really you think so Hypo-is-here…I’m vey happy to hear that, man.
About consulting my gp… when I was about 14 I had a flat chest and my nipples were a lot worse-puffy-. At that time I had a check-up visit and the doc told me (without me asking about it) don’t worry you won’t have to wear a bra when you grow up and winked at me. I guess my nipples are not as puffy as they were but I’m certain that my gyne is still there winking at me everyday. Other than that and after puberty.. I never talked to anyone about my gyne except with you guys…and for that I’m thankful. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:08:10 AM by GynecoMan »

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
There is nothing there at all man, and its def not worth the risks/costs of surgery.

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
i’m very greatful I found this site…
thanks a lot guys for your supportive comments.
Well, when i hunched over I could grab the whole breast with my hand and it feels jelly like; however when contracting my pectorals (same position) the only thing I could grab is the the area around the nipple... probabily my gyno :(

Dude thats your nipple!!! ur supposed to have it!! When I do that I get a whole handfull of fat.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the last picture and the fifth one say gyne.  you don't have to fill a bra to have it.  

what you do with it is up to you.  there are guys with bad cases who don't mind living with it and guys like me who only have mild to intermediate cases that hate it.  if you can't feel a thin disk-like mass then you don't have it as bad as others.  but only you can decide whether it's something you want to live with or not.  

people go under the knife a lot, and most say the anesthesia was no big deal at all.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
There is nothing there at all man, and its def not worth the risks/costs of surgery.

hey nonini, you really think so... i think i'll just continue exercising and see how it goes.
thanks man...

if you can't feel a thin disk-like mass then you don't have it as bad as others.  

people go under the knife a lot, and most say the anesthesia was no big deal at all.  

yes, I remember when I was a teen I used to have a disk-like mass underneath my both nipples; however now it’s more like a little chunk underneath them.
For me anesthesia is not the only thing that freaks my out about surgery… the whole idea just scares me, maybe coz I’ve never been in one before.

Thanks guys… I really appreciate your comments
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 05:29:05 AM by GynecoMan »

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
you obviously work out - seem like you're in great shape. focus on that, and not your chest. in other words, you have other things going for you.
in one side pic, i could tell that there was a little more in the chest - but that's only because i've conditioned myself to focus/scrutinize/overanalyze the chest area.
if you mainly feel something "jelly-like," then it's probably just excess fat in the chest area - perhaps a result of your having gynecomastia during puberty (when all our hormones go crazy). fat tissue ends up forming there, and it stays with you even after puberty.
i had lipo only, but as some of the above posters mentioned, not everyone who has lipo only is satisfied with their results. i definitely think some excision would have helped me, but first and foremost, the surgery brought me some peace of mind. i was just glad to be taking some steps towards changing the size of my chest - and the doc took alot of fat out of my chest, so that was encouraging to know.
surgery was honestly a breeze - outside of the jitters, the pre-op, the anesthesia, the procedure weren't a problem for me at all. recovery's not terrible, you just have to deal with a compression vest.
my biggest issue was the fact that i had to take time off and had to come up with an excuse for my surgery/absense.

that said, if you feel like you can live with the shape your chest and focus on all the other parts of your body that you're proud of (i wish i had arms like yours), then don't even bother with the surgery.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:49:56 PM by dav242 »

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member

that said, if you feel like you can live with the shape your chest and focus on all the other parts of your body that you're proud of (i wish i had arms like yours), then don't even bother with the surgery.

Hey dav242, thanks for your advice.. it really means a lot to me.

I’m really happy I found this board…
It’s the first time I discuss my problem with other than myself (which I do a lot by the way)
I feel like a big burden has been lifted off of me, just for being here and talking to people like you guys.
thanks
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 05:50:31 AM by GynecoMan »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024