Author Topic: Going back to work??  (Read 3214 times)

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
i have surgery on wednesday oct 4, do you think i can go back to work on the following friday and saturday?

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
I think that would be pushing it. But I guess it depends what you do. If you have a job where not a lot of physcal activity is involved... you should be able to. If you have a job that requires a lot of stretching or lifting, I dont think this would be long enough at all.

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
im a bouncer at a club.  most shifts i just stand and talk but there are times when i have to use my physical abilty and sometimes it can get rough, its all unexpected but most days i dont have to get rough.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i dont suggest you taking the chance. you never know when it can get nasty in a club and you cant just run away if it happens...

you need to take good care of your chest my man....
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
yea ill probably take one weekend off

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
From one bouncer(retired after 8 years) to another.... Clubs can get out of hand with a drop of a hat !

Take the weekend off

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i dont suggest you taking the chance. you never know when it can get nasty in a club and you cant just run away if it happens...

Clubs can get out of hand with a drop of a hat !

Take the weekend off

Ditto...

John.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:21:27 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Honestly, it's too early to judge right now.

Everyone here says that it's easy to go back to work after few days. But in my case, I took almost 2+ week off from work. And keep in mind that I have very easy job. Just sit there and watch the stock market (work in mutual fund ind.) and watch my stocks. That's it. Still I was not in mood to start working following week.

Basically, everyone heels differently. And best to judge is after surgery. How your body takes the cut. That's important.

Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
I had surgery 8 days ago, and i'm going back to work tomorrow. My work requires me to lift boxes anywhere from 10-60 pounds. Obviously I'm gonna stay away from the really heavy ones. But today is really the 1st day I feel like I could go back to work without hurting myself. I have a feeling that a week and a half may not be enough to put someone in a head-lock or something working security at a club tho...

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
yeah dude, if you have to actually remove someone physically your chest stabalizer muscles might not be in full working order.

I'm 3 days post op and I know I wouldnt' want to get in any scraps any time soon.

Fielding also told me that a patient of his was punched in the chest playfully by a buddy and that caused a hematoma. (at the 2 week mark)

In a physical job like that I'd say the more time the better.

I've worked in clubs for the last 5 years bartending and know that there can be nights of nothing, and nights of total mayhem.

It'd be a shame to mess up your recovery by getting knocked around too soon, but ultimately, your choice bruvva.

good luck,

ceo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024