Author Topic: Surgery 3/8/05 Pre - Post op Pictures  (Read 7011 times)

Offline markdc

• Posting Member
Tell me what you guys think of my pre and post op pixs. I am satisfied so far can't wait to see what it looks like after the swelling goes down. I'm 43 yo (180#) and had bilateral gland excision along with liposuction chest and abdomen. Surgeon said he liposuctioned a couple 100ccs from both sides.

Thanks

Mark
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/simonnwdc/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hey, not bad. Looks like a success to me. You've got one hell of a bruise under that right arm. It'll only get better. Look at Bambu's pics, he's went down a lot.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 04:20:06 PM by jc71 »

Offline BlueEagle

• Posting Member
  • Ladiees, I'm Ripped Everywhere Cept on the Tidiees

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Not bad at all. Do you have swelling occuring?
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline markdc

• Posting Member
Yes I have swelling and bruising, but I understand that should go away. I have an appt with my PS on Tuesday 3/15 and I will ask him.

I don't know if I am keeping enough compression with the vest for the best results. He says I need it to allow the layers to reheal and prevent seroma.

Mark

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I don't know if I am keeping enough compression with the vest for the best results. He says I need it to allow the layers to reheal and prevent seroma.

Mark

Mark....

What is 'seroma'?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
Hey markdc, who was your doc? He did a splendid job I must say.         I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline markdc

• Posting Member
I think a seroma is a collection of fluid between two tissue planes in your body. Maybe you would call the collection of fluid in a blister a seroma for example.

PS was Dan Laughlin MD in maryland.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 09:08:49 PM by markdc »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Looks good so far. I wore a compression vest 24/7 and than had someone wrap an ACE bandage around the area also just to be safe.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline markdc

• Posting Member
Last week I ordered one of the vests from underworks I think it was the 997? it seems to provide more compression than the one they put on me after surgery. I am wearing that one today. I have been trying on new clothes today. Its been fun not worrying if my boobs are going to show or stretching them to look good (of course the vest helps). But  I am pleased with the progress so far. I anticipate the swelling and bruising should improve over the next couple of weeks.

They told me to stop smoking pre and post op. I haven't been able to do that one. I don't know how much that would effect the bruising and or healing. It looks like I even have a bruise at the IV Site. ( No history of bleeding disorder and no antisteroidals).

Also, took my second shower in a week today. The water hurt when it hit my chest but not too bad. My sides are still a little numb from the abdominal liposuction (?swelling?)

The surgery was kind of interesting. I never have had an General Anesthetic even though I am an anesthesiologist. Now I kind of know what my patients go through. Seemed like 2 1/2 hours went by in 2 seconds. All I remember is "I am giving you some versed." and the next thing was "You are waking up in the recovery room".

I am really going to watch my eating and weight over the next few weeks because of no working out. Can't wait to hit the gym again in 3 weeks.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 08:34:43 AM by markdc »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I can't wait to hit the gym also :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I am really going to watch my eating and weight over the next few weeks because of no working out. Can't wait to hit the gym again in 3 weeks.

Mark

I can't wait to hit the gym also :)

Yesterday was my first day back to the gym. Felt good to 'move' again! I even took a shower there  ;D. Would never have done that in my Gyne days. Always waited till I got home to take a shower  :-/. Also, no baggy sweat-shirt. Just a 'T'  :D...  Totally awesome experience!

John.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 09:36:11 AM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hey Mark...

Checked out your most recent pics. Looking good Dude...

John.

Offline markdc

• Posting Member
Bambu,

Your look great what a difference. Congratulations ! Your chest looks flat and the brusing looks like its gone.

Mark

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Bambu,

Your look great what a difference. Congratulations ! Your chest looks flat and the brusing looks like its gone.

Mark

Mark...

Thanks Dude!

Yes, all the bruising/swelling is gone now. Just waiting for the hard scar tissue to dissolve. That may take a while though.

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024