Author Topic: Is this gyne or fat?  (Read 6535 times)

Offline tomjr

Shortly after turning 22 I decided to lose weight and get healthier. I lost 115 pounds in the last 8 months  by walking/hiking and switching to a vegatarian diet(I'm 6'5", 190 now) , but my chest seems to have barely changed size. I want to start lifting weights more as well, but I've heard that can make it look worse. I have thought about surgery down the road, but I don't know if it's just loose skin from weight loss, or actaul gyne?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r79/tjmusic462/vfw.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r79/tjmusic462/bmv.jpg

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Honestly I can't tell.  I see that you have loose skin on your whole upper body (congrats on the weight loss!) and that could be a factor with your chest as well.  At any rate you may need some plastic surgery to correct it whether it's gyne or not.  I suggest going to a qualified PS for a consultation and get some ideas there. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
looks like u have a lot of loose skin just as jologs say i dont know if the skin will tighten up after that big weight loss maby u need to remove some loose skin and the ps can do some lipo on the breasts it lookes like u have some loose skin in the breast area to. 

A big congrat on the weight loss im so impressed :o ;)

Bye Henke
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 01:39:30 PM by wolfman »
i finally feel like im a man

Offline outertrial

You should leave it a while longer, your skin may stretch back as you lost weight so fast.

Offline m_campbell

• Posting Member
Way to much loose skin to tell. As for the weight loss congrats. As far as weight lifting goes I say it is a must to lose weight. It helps you maintain muscle and therefor burn more fat. A lot of people are very ignorant about weight loss and it is just sad. I myself have lost 75 lbs so far by eatting a lot of food, not running at all, and lifting weights. I would implement weight lifting asap and work on macronutrient balance. A great website for fat loss/muscle gain help is johnstonefitness.com

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
well said campbell, john stone fitness site is the best i visit it every day

Bye

Henrik

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
At any rate you may need some plastic surgery to correct it whether it's gyne or not.  I suggest going to a qualified PS for a consultation and get some ideas there.

Agreed!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline oyelad

• Posting Member
looks purely like loose skin to me. you'll probably want to get it removed if it doesn't correct itself within another half year or so as having excess skin is a burden to the heart and can even reduce your life by several years

Offline flex1appeal

I am with everyone else on this. I'd probably say you'd have to have some plastic surgery at least to remove the extra skin. Only after that is done can you figue out if you have gyne too. I have a feeling it is nothing more than lose skin in the end. Congrats on the weight loss! You should be proud of that accomplishment

Offline tomjr

thanks for all the help everyone, I plan on seeing a PS soon. Before I do, I'm curious how much gynecomastia surgery typically costs? Or, how much would it cost to have the extra skin removed. I'm on a limited budget, so I just wanted an idea before I go in to to see a PS. Thanks-

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
You know, for losing 115 pounds there really isn't that much excess skin.  Seriously, I have seen a lot worse.  Mostly it looks like just the stomach and chest have that "stubborn" extra skin.  A lot of times when people that lose that much weight there are skin folds everywhere.  Congratulations, and keep living a healthy lifestyle.  Also, in your case I think it would be safe to lift weights.  I don't think that would enhance the problem.  Usually doing push ups or bench presses increase the muscle in the upper pectoral region.  From your photos it looks like that won't push out your problem area.  That's just my opinionl

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024