Author Topic: How bad is it?  (Read 4644 times)

Offline ColdPizza

• Posting Member
Hey guys, name's Cld Piza. Long time reader, first time poster. Like many of you, I've had my trouble with Gyne most of my life... I'm looking to get rid of it... I've lost a lot of fat, and it's evident that I have it... I just want to know how bad it is and if you guys think I should consider surgery... it's killing my life atm.

I'm located near Toronto... let me know if you guys have any advice for surgeons, too... thanks in advance.. So without further adieu... how bad is it?

Edit... I also need some help as to how to tell my parents... I mean, I'm so embarrassed and unsure if this will even be taken seriously... I work out a lot and come off as a macho man to my siblings, this getting around in my family is going to hit hard... any advice out there?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 12:49:46 AM by ColdPizza »

Offline gyn_zen

it is in bad shape and i think surgery is the only option left for u

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
ColdPizza....

Yeah, those need to come off A.S.A.P. dude.

Read this Thread (Post #12).

Have your Mum and/or Dad read this Thread.

I have an extra copy of Merle's book 'Demystifying Gynecomastia'. If you like, I could snail mail it to you. You could give it to your parents to read. It's a must read for the Gynecomastic novice.

You mentioned (in another thread) that you are in school... I assume that you (personally) don't have any coin for surgery. If so, you're gonna have to tell Mum and Dad to get financial help. Don't worry my man, we'll get them to understand what you are going through.  ;)

How old are you?

Have you read any of the threads on the 'Canada' board?

Where do you workout... at home, Gym?

Get a consult with Dr. Fielding. His info is in my Sig below....

John.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:11:33 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I understand what you're going through.  Your parents need to be told as soon as possible.  If they don't respond favorably at first (common parent reaction), then don't just give up.  If you've been good at hiding it until now, as most of us were, then your parents may be a little overwhelmed by your all of a sudden announcing that you have "gynecomastia".  My advice:  Ease them into the topic by telling them exactly what you told us.  Then follow Bambu's advice and show them this site.  Keep the communication lines open with your parents all through this, though.  They can be a powerful source of support for you, but may need a little time to process all the information they are about to receive.  You never know how they'll respond.  I finally told my mom when I was over 40 years old.  She told me she knew about my problem when I was an early teen but never brought it up to me because she thought I had found a way to deal with it.  She didn't want to worry me.  Start the communication now.  ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jake33304

• Posting Member
It looks like you have a lot of fatty tissue in the breast area, and your nipples are big. You said you
live with your parents. How old are you ? Being young, and working out will in some cases, like my self
will help settle things down. If I were you keep lifting heavy (chest). Make sure you are doing at least
3 sets of flat bench, 3 sets of incline, and 3 sets in decline. Also focus on squeezing each rep so the center
of your chest is getting hit on these chest excersizes. You will also balance this out with a great shoulder,
arms, and back routines. Make sure you get your legs also. Get your cardio in and hit those abs.

I know that right now your body looks like continents adrift right now. But, keep working out. Lift heavy
get big, eat good food, get lots of rest, and you will scupt out and pull everything together into an awesome body
to match your stellar personality. You are awesome inside. Let that come out.

If you have any questions, or comments, my email is always open.  Stay cool buddy.

Jake Burroughs
Awe Enertainment
awe.entertainment@yahoo.com

Offline ColdPizza

• Posting Member
Jeez fellas, I'm over-whelmed by the support I'm being shown, firstly, thanks for reading.

Secondly, thanks for understanding. I'm taking it under heavy consideration for the surgery... for those who asked, I'm 17 yrs. old, now.
I still live with the folks, so talking to them without my siblings around isn't easy. 

I'm only worried about the fact that my parents wouldn't be thrilled about paying 3 grand in surgery because of my severe gyne.

Thanks guys, and do guys think I should book an appointment right away?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm only worried about the fact that my parents wouldn't be thrilled about paying 3 grand in surgery because of my severe gyne.

Naw dude, it wont be 3 large. Prolly closer to 1G with JCF's student rate. If you choose JCF that is....  You can also pay back the fee in low monthly payments! It works out to about 2 bucks a day (approx) if you opt for a two year payment plan.

Thanks guys, and do guys think I should book an appointment right away?

Yes! Give Leslie (Doc Fielding's secretary) a call and set up a consultation. There is no cost to you for the consult. OHIP covers it!  ;)  If, after the consult, you decide that JCF is not the PS for you, you are under no obligation to choose him as your PS.

Good Luck!

John.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:09:23 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
Those breasts are very bad >:(, get surgey now and start living my friend. ;)

Good Luck

Henrik
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline flex1appeal

You have nothing but our support here brother! We can all understand what you are going thru. I definately would pursue getting surgery to rid yourself of this problem before you get any older. You have your entire life ahead of you and there is no need to wait until you are in your upper 20's or 30's to start living life. Having breasts like you do won't help you any to achieve maximum happiness. Good luck to you. Keep us all posted please.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
ignore anything blatino says.  he's the worst of both worlds - gyne-photo-drooling kid-scaring perv AND troll. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 03:46:41 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024