Author Topic: Obviously Some Bad Gyno  (Read 4896 times)

Offline amo0diet

Ok, pics first:

Me: 25yo 6'0" 190lbs waist=34" BF=20.5%

I've been fat and had these things since I was young enough to remember.  I compensated with poor posture and baggy shirts.  Standard sob story: No swimming, sun, fun teen stuff, etc.

At my worst (16) I was 5'10" and weighed 320lbs.  Dropped to 240 and 6'0" by 18.  185 by age 20.  Got back up to 220 last year.  Now back down to 190.  My stretch marks came very early and were red.  Now they are all white and hard to see.

My gyno is tricky to figure out, at least for me.  I can make it look terrible when standing and in poor posture, but I can also make it disappear when laying flat on my back. Well... not disappear, but all the "fat" goes to my underarms/side.  I don't feel any "hard" material, but it's difficult to know because I haven't felt up other dudes before  ;).  It doesn't feel any different from other substantial pockets of fat and skin on my body. 

Obviously, this problem has slightly constricted my social functioning in certain areas, but not so bad as most here are dealing with.  I think because I had it from like age 7 or 8, I learned to adapt and let my personality do all the "heavy lifting" lol.  I've had attractive girlfriends, etc.  But it's still pretty embarrassing.  Anyway, that's enough of that.

What kind of thoughts do you guys have on the severity of my gyno and what I should be thinking about for surgery options, if I decide to do it. I know I should continue to lose weight.  Judging from my body's "look and feel" plus the BF%, I should probably be working to get to around 160-170lbs and putting on muscle.  I can afford pretty much any surgery options, but I don't want to make a mistake and rush it or get the wrong thing.

Any advice or random comments (including "HaHa!" if you're so inclined  ;D) would be appreciated. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:01:39 AM by amo0diet »

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
I would stick  with one of the big three PS that get recommended in this forum.  Dr Delgado or  Bermant.   One of those 2 i think would be the best choice for you.  Yours is pretty severe and i am guessing that they are going to have to reattach the nipple when they get rid of all the excess skin,  on a positive note u don't have puffy nipples....good luck
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:28:22 AM by cleanup »

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
From what I know, (some may disagree) you'll need a full mastectomy.  I had extra skin so they cut out the gland, tissue, and extra skin.  Then they stitch you up and put your nipple in the right spot and sew it on.  It's not as bad as it sounds really.  The down part is that there is more scarring, little or no feeling in the nipple afterwards.  Plus side is there is immediate results, and you probably wouldn't need a second surgery to reduce excess skin. 

Offline amo0diet

thanks for all the replies so far, guys.

mastectomy might not be so bad.   but would it be too weird to opt NOT to have the nipples grafted back on?  my nipples are naturally low to begin with (as are my father's), so I'd have a really clean upper body if I just lost the nipples altogether.   ;D  i know most would probably want to become normal, so that's why they opt for the graft.  ...but as i understand it, grafting somewhat increases the pain of the whole process so if I went without, it might reduce the discomfort...?

i know it's a matter of taste (or lack thereof) but is there a medical reason to keep them if you don't want them?  they're just vestiges of early development when we could go either way (male or female.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:22:44 AM by amo0diet »

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Just for your information, I don't feel any discomfort from the nipple graft.  It doesn't hurt at all.  Only pain I got is where they put the drain tubes in.  Other than that its been 11 days and I'm relatively pain-free.  But it's your call.  You don't need them, its just cosmetic.  Also, in some rare cases that the graft doesn't "take" Just some more information for you to chew on.

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
hi man, well from somebody who deosn't know a whole lot about gyno.

i think it would look much better if you shaved your chest (maybe until you've had the op) for me looking at it HEAD-ON it stands out more with the hairy chest.

if your not sure, i would just mess about with your picture on photoshop to give you a rough idea how it would look.

IMO it would stand out a lot less ;)

later man.

Offline Jamessidis

• Posting Member

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I agree with Jamessidis.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
ignore any posts by blatino, he's a perv troll who just comes here to drool over pics who should have been arrested for baiting minors years ago. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline kingboob

Wow, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but i am so pleased to see another guy with gyno as bad as myself.

I have as similar story to you, having gained a lot of weight as a teenager (ironically due to bullying, some of which was about my breasts in the first place!) and have recently (in the last 3 years) lost a lot of weight again. I'm at half my original body weight now, (238, 6ft 4)... but I also have loose skin around my arms and my chest is as big as yours....

I over compensate by wearing shirts that are 4x in size (XXXXL) when really normal sizes will now fit me...  slouch when I walk, shoulders slumped in, etc etc. 

Do yours hang down when you bend over at all? I know mine do, causing terrible shoulder pain.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024