Author Topic: Had consult with Dr. Perron today  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Well it was really nice.  I went into the office, beautifully decorated and classical music playing in the background.  Saw the doctor for about 25 minutes.  He looked at me with my shirt off, did some pinching and had me flex and what not.  He said that he would do excision only as he could definitely feel gland, but that I don't need lipo.  Don't know how I quite feel about that yet, but he said he does lots of guys who are similar to me with the condition and the problem with doing lipo where there is little fat and more gland is that it could make me look disproportionate to the rest of my body.  I guess we'll see.  Total cost is $2650 and I'm waiting to get a call for surgery date.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Did you ask the doctor why he charges and Dr.H doesn't?

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
No, but it's probably because he gets paid less by AHC if he bills it to them.

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
Calg-puffed,
I havent yet posted my results or anything but i had the "excision only" done by Haugrud about 2 and a half weeks ago. So let me try and help ya out here. Right now the results are so-so, however i know that its getting better everyday. Scar tissue now seems to be about the only issue but its probably only a matter of time until i can break it down. I'm not recommending haugrud by any means but if Perron is opting to give you an excision only, then i would go with Haugrud. I mean by the sounds of it these two guys have very similar credentials and the only difference is you might have to wait it out just a bit longer but pay nothing. And again, my surgery was pretty much as expected. I guess i expected better results, but i am clearly not done healing. Swelling, fluid and scar tissue are the remains of the operation a few days after but now its seems as though scar tissue is all thats left. Scar tissue that was actually bigger than the gland that was there originally but is now way smaller. Otherwise so far so good and i'll have to wait a little while longer to see improvements and full results.

Hope this helps bro

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Saucy, that helps a lot! I'm glad to hear things are going better.  How was your condition pre-op?  Did you have much fat to lose in that area or was it mostly gland?  My concern is just that I know I can feel gland, and it's about the size of a quarter all around, maybe larger, but there is definitely fat there too I want out.  Thanks for the info!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024