Author Topic: Fielding Surgery  (Read 14231 times)

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hey guys, today is my day. Going to St. Joseph's tommorow morning to get it done with Dr. Fielding. Will report back here as soon as i get home. 

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Well im back. Had surgery scheduled for 2pm. Got called in about 1:45. So no delays.
Fielding did some markings took picture and after that i just remember waking up in recovery. Chest is pretty sore, nothing like sharp pains...just a soreness like after a big workout. Will probably take some tylenol 3's if the soreness gets worse.
Cant comment on results right now as i cant take off the pads for about a week at my follow-up visit.  Is this when the pads come off and i get a vest??

All in all it was a good experience. However my only concern is that Fielding had a female med-school student helping him with the surgery, this worries me a lot :(
Why would Fielding bring in an amateur with no experience for something like this??

I will post tommorow for my 1st day post-op.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Well im back. Had surgery scheduled for 2pm. Got called in about 1:45. So no delays.
Fielding did some markings took picture and after that i just remember waking up in recovery. Chest is pretty sore, nothing like sharp pains...just a soreness like after a big workout. Will probably take some tylenol 3's if the soreness gets worse.
Cant comment on results right now as i cant take off the pads for about a week at my follow-up visit.  Is this when the pads come off and i get a vest??

All in all it was a good experience. However my only concern is that Fielding had a female med-school student helping him with the surgery, this worries me a lot :(
Why would Fielding bring in an amateur with no experience for something like this??

I will post tommorow for my 1st day post-op.

I also had a med-school guy for my surgery. I don't know if the guy did some of the work or was just learning....

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I had a female med-school student, she was probably like.... AHH MAN BOOBS *SCALPEL SHAKING IN HER HAND*  :(

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Day 1 post op

Woke up this morning  with some soreness, cant really raise the arms too high. Took 1 tylenol 3 and seems to be ok now. No signs of hematoma, dont see any blood around the dressing or any extreme pain. Throat still hurts a little, i assume it may be from the breathing tube that was inserted. No concerns yet or major pain, well besides the whole thing of a female med-student assisting the surgery ...still worries me about the result.
Getting the dressing taken off tuesday.

Offline Crawdaddy

• Posting Member
I wouldn't worry about the med student, dude. If having a student there would cause problems with the procedure I doubt Fielding would allow it.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Day 3 Post-Op

Soreness has gone down a lot. Woke up in the morning with nearly no pain getting up. Moving arms around and walking is not a discomfort now either. 1 week post-op visit on Tuesday, will get to see initial results then and will let you guys know. Im very nervous to see the initial results.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Cant wait to hear your results dude. Hope all is good?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
MRD....

Good luck on Tuesday dude. I hope you achieve the results you desire...   ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks guys ;D I find out tommorow

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Drum roll please!   ;D

GB

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
1 week Post-Op

Went to St. Josephs today to have Dr. Fielding remove the foam pads and get my first look. All i have to say is.....wow. I did not expect the results to look this good. As soon as he took off the foam pads i saw a huge difference. Looking down on my chest before i always say this ''pointing-our drooping'' appearance, and now i saw a completely flat chest! The nipples looked a lot smaller too which was great. No bruising either.

Dr. Fielding said the results look very very good and that the operation went very well, apparently i hardly even bled. He gave me a new tensor compression wrap and said to wear it for another 2 weeks. He said i can cut out the ends of the stitches in about 1 week.  So now im just hoping i dont start swelling up too bad.

I didnt take any pics yet because i dont wanna take off the tensor wrapping for too long, just gonna take em off for quick showers.  Im thinking if i should buy one of those compression shirts like underarmour Anyone recommend this? Or should the tensor wrappings be enough?
I was also worried about having 'dents' in my chest, but i did not see any..just nice and flat.

I will keep you guys updated.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:56:33 PM by MRD »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
8th Day Post-OP

The foam pads have come off 2 days ago and now im just wearing tensor compression wrap. Is it good to wear it all the time? Fielding said to keep wearing it for another week. I sneaked a peak to see if there is any swelling since the foam pads have been off for 2 days, but fortunately there is no swelling yet ;D Chest looks very flat and the nipples which were always large and very puffed now look smaller, darker and not puffy, they are flat with my chest. I am hoping it stays this way as i get into 2nd week post-op.  When can i expect swelling? From what i read on here its after the 1st week.

One concern i do have though is, when i sneaked a peek under the compression wrap i noticed quite visible incision lines under the tape thats on my nipples right now. Im hoping this is normal for them to be visible this early and that they will fade in.

Fielding also said in a week i can make an appointment to come get the stitches cut out, but he insisted its something i can do myself, ...he said you just cut off the clear ends that are sticking out and thats it. Ive never done this before....has anyone cut their own stitches??? Should i make an appointment or is it really simple that i can do myself?  Apparently they are self-dissolving stitches that just need the ends that stick out to be cut.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:44:33 AM by MRD »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

MRD...

Awesome dude....  I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you're happy with the results.

Yeah, wear the wrap as much as you can. Taking it off for a 10 min shower wont hurt anything.

I swelled up almost immediately. However all swelling/bruising was gone by the 2nd week. Keep in mind that everyone heals at different rates. I'm sure that you know that tho.

Yeah, your incision lines will fade with time. Not to worry there dude.  ;)

As for the tail end of your stitches... yeah, just get as close to your skin as possible and snip'em off. The rest of it will dissolve with time. No need to make a trip to JCF for this.

P.S...  I have a brand new Underworks compression shirt that needs a good home. You interested?

GB

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:40:33 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Thanks GB ;D

I would be very interested. I sent you a PM

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024