Author Topic: I'm sure it looks worse to me  (Read 6397 times)

Offline DFWDJ

• Posting Member
6'4" 250 lbs.  I was 225 a couple of years ago, then was prescribed Effexor and gained 75lbs in about 7 months.  I have since stopped taking the effexor  and I've lost 50 lbs since the first of January this year.  The gyne size has not changed at all during this weight fluctuation, which leads me to believe that it may be mostly glandular.  This is pretty much what my moobs have looked like since I was 13-14 years old.

Offline DFWDJ

• Posting Member
I'm sure I'm going to have to have multiple surgeries to be where I want to be... I need to win the lottery...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
DFWDJ....

You have a fairly severe case of Gynecomastia. Start saving your coin for surgery dude. Those puppies need to come off ASAP.

Multiple surgeries? Naw, possibly just one. Two at the most. For the most part, skin is very elastic.

BTW, what is 'Effexor' and why were you taking it? Don't mean to pry. Just curious.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline DFWDJ

• Posting Member
DFWDJ....

You have a fairly severe case of Gynecomastia. Start saving your coin for surgery dude. Those puppies need to come off ASAP.

Multiple surgeries? Naw, possibly just one. Two at the most. For the most part, skin is very elastic.

BTW, what is 'Effexor' and why were you taking it? Don't mean to pry. Just curious.

GB

Effexor is an anti-anxiety/anti-depression drug.  Gave me lots of motivation, but made me fat.

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
yea.. get that surgery!

Offline outertrial

The way the breasts are hanging off the chest like that in little pouches looks like it would be mostly gland IMO. You are overweight and and Im not the most understanding person on these boards when it comes to fat people complaining about gyne but I really dont think weight loss would help that much.

Offline right on

• Posting Member
Effexor is an anti-anxiety/anti-depression drug.  Gave me lots of motivation, but made me fat.

I bet that getting this surgery would get rid of a lot of your anxiety and depression. Feeling good about yourself is key

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
The way the breasts are hanging off the chest like that in little pouches looks like it would be mostly gland IMO. You are overweight and and Im not the most understanding person on these boards when it comes to fat people complaining about gyne but I really dont think weight loss would help that much.

wow no offence man but you don't sound a very nice person to know the way you put it 'breasts' and 'fat people complaning'  :-\

you can't be perfect yourself man or you wouldn't be here on here with nearly 200 posts and to be honest he doesn't look 'all that' over weight, once the gyne is removed granted he won't look like arnold schwarzenegger or pee wee herman, but he isn't exactly overweight, hes just the average joe you see in the street everyday imo.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 11:49:00 PM by uk_steve »

Offline outertrial

wow no offence man but you don't sound a very nice person to know the way you put it 'breasts' and 'fat people complaning'  :-\

you can't be perfect yourself man or you wouldn't be here on here with nearly 200 posts and to be honest he doesn't look 'all that' over weight, once the gyne is removed granted he won't look like arnold schwarzenegger or pee wee herman, but he isn't exactly overweight, hes just the average joe you see in the street everyday imo.

Surgery would help a lot. In any case he is overweight, Im not attempting to cause anyone offence, least of all to the larger fraternity, its just a fact. A lot of the gyne pictures here are posted by people who are quite overweight and are in fact fat in every single part of their bodies but seem to be surprised that they have fat chests to go along with it and proclaim themselves gynecomastia sufferers. Which they arent, theyre victims of their own over eating.

I certainly dont want to upset anyone or make anyone feel that this isnt a safe place to post in so apologise to the OP if my post seemed harsh.

Offline DFWDJ

• Posting Member
FYI, I take no offense from your comments.  I take full responsibility for my weight gain, which is exactly why I've managed to lose 50 lbs in less than 4 months (cardio, low carb, low fat, low sodium, low calorie).  My normal build before being prescribed that awful medication was around 215 lbs (6'4").  Still slightly chunky, but I have quite a bit of natural lean muscle mass.  At 215 my gyne looks exactly the same.  So as I had stated before, I believe that it is mostly glandular.  I especially enjoy the days when the glands are as hard as a rock and it feels like some one is taking vice to my chest...  that's sarcasm of course.  I need to raise money in a bad way, I can't live like this anymore.   :(

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Go see Delgado or Bermant.  D not go to just any PS who does very little of these procedures...TRUST ME WHEN I TELL U THIS
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:42:03 AM by cleanup »

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Get surgery as soon as the money is saved. You don't want to walk around with those swaying in the wind. I would say that's a severe case. Just being brutally honest. Good luck Bro!! :D

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
there are plenty of others besides those three who are gyne competent, you'd be okay, but they're right you don't want somebody who does it once a month or occasionally.  a good experienced ps, not a general surgeon. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024