Author Topic: Steps of Gynecomastia Surgery  (Read 1333 times)

Offline user602

I am considering going to Dr. Jaime Caloca for my gynecomastia surgery, which is about a six hour drive from my house.  I have a few questions regarding the steps and timeframe regarding such a surgery.

The day of the surgery, post-op, I assume I would need to get a hotel, as I know the doctor would need to see me again soon - but when?  The following day?  How many return visits does one normally require after the surgery, and how long after the surgery?  I would really like to know how I could plan for my surgery, i.e. how long I would need to stay in a hotel near the doctor's office; and then how many return trips I would need to make after I am cleared to go home.

The six hour drive is not bad, but there is a big difference if I need to make that trip a dozen times for return visits...  And I want to know if I would need to spend a full week in the hotel, or when exactly I could go home.

Whoever has been through the experience of having this surgery done out of town, I would greatly appreciate if you could shed some light on these issues for me.  Thank you in advance for you insight.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Check with your surgeon in advance. While you will need to see your surgeon for a visit or two, most of the follow up should be able to handled by a local Doctor or clinic. Such an arrangement could reduce your travel expenses greatly.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
I had an op yesterday.

I am meant to phone the office once the tight bandage that is on my is removed (1 week). If there is any significant bruising I should go back.

I guess if its OK then a 6 month check or possibly sooner if I am worried about something.

I really think each doctor would have his/her preferred method.

I stayed in a hotel the night before, then got my mum to drive me home. You shouldn't drive within 24 hours of a GA as you really aren't in great state (I had to sign a declaration that I would not drive home).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024