Author Topic: What does acceptance means to you?  (Read 1615 times)

Online Johndoe1

Now around friends, relatives and associates it's different, and that's more a societal problem that is the cause for my need to be less conspicuous.
I too am more guarded around friends and family than in public, but even that has subsided quite a bit and I am not as guarded as I used to be. I don't flaunt them but they are more noticeable than before. I don't try and hide them either but let things be natural. And that seems to be working.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I wear mine everyday and everywhere I go. My friends and family know I wear a bra. First time my daughter found out after giving me a hug I simply said its my boob and posture brace, plain and simple.
They all understand my predicament. I do what is best for me, mentally and physically. I really do not care what others think. I wish I did not have this hormonal imbalance. I wish I was brave enough to go on TRT. But after many of the horrible stories from my friends that went on it, and my doctors advise...I’m just not going to do it.
I have boobs...I have to live with that fact. It really really used to bother me!
I have fully accepted them as part of my body...I don’t hate them anymore.
I have learned to live with them. I put a bra on every single morning just like any other part of my wardrobe. This is who I am now. I live with it daily and fully accept my boobs.

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
Acceptance is simply an acknowledgment of a situation, that one chooses to deal with. Not remove, hide, hide one’s self from.  Meds from prostate issue resulted in breast, 36 D in my case. Can’t hide them, the only medical procedure I’ve had in my 71 years, got me here. So going under the knife so to speak not an option to me.
Been away from the site for some time, appears to have changed some, but glad to be back.
I have breast and they need support, wear a bra daily, such is life.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Acceptance is simply an acknowledgment of a situation, that one chooses to deal with. Not remove, hide, hide one’s self from.  Meds from prostate issue resulted in breast, 36 D in my case. Can’t hide them, the only medical procedure I’ve had in my 71 years, got me here. So going under the knife so to speak not an option to me.
Been away from the site for some time, appears to have changed some, but glad to be back.
I have breast and they need support, wear a bra daily, such is life.
Glad to see some older members start returning to the site. 
Yes, it's my understanding that the forum has changed significantly several times in the past, and quite a few times while I have been present. 

We can't forget that estrogen dominance will change much more than just breast tissue, and in some cases much more than in others. 

Braless as not an option for me either at a DD/DDD (depending on bra). 

Welcome back island dude
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
Thanks JustaGirl
But can see where body changes could send guys across the aisle, for comfort. But that’s part of excepting the situation.  

Offline Justagirl💃

A subject that has not been touched in quite some time are the emotional changes that estrogen dominance brings upon us.

The same hormones that are causing your chest and in some cases your hips to grow are effecting you in many other ways.

Crying easily is just one of those many changes one might experience.
I have had rather high estrogen since puberty, and felt the effects all those years.

I leave my TV on while sewing (background noise). I'll find myself "tearing up" while I'm sewing simply because of something on the show. The estrogen makes me much more sensitive to things like that.

What are some of the emotional changes you have noticed, and how well have your accepted them?

I have just accepted myself for what and who I am, tears and all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 03:53:05 PM by Justagirl💃 »

Upfront

For me acceptance is a realisation that for a good number of us it is totally normal to have above average size breasts especially as we grow older.
Average applies to no one  and the very term makes it inevitable that some of us will quite normally be bigger.
Having got my head round that I  live life normally,  wearing what need and what I  want in terms of clothing.
I always  felt that if had got them I might as well enjoy them.
I do, and I  am blessed with a wife who makes the most of them as well.
The are friends not enemies and knowing that is acceptance.
In retrospect boobs are a gift that I never sought but am heartily glad not to have missed out on.
Happy acceptance

Online Johndoe1

Well said upfront. None of us asked for our busts, no matter how large or small. After too many years of loathing of my chest, I too have come to where I consider having them as a blessing. I say that because I have an understanding of what half of humans deal with that the other half has no concept of. 

My male friends will never know the pleasant sensation of my bust being playfully touched. Nor will they know the pain of a hard hit or rough groping of the boobs. They will never know the humiliation of having the size of their chest publicly called into question. They will never know the creepiness of having people (men and women) staring at their chest. They will never know the relief of containment and support of a well fitting bra. They will never know the relief of taking a bra off at end of a long hard day. They will never know the shame of being topless and exposing your bust for all to see as if you are some kind of circus freak. They will never know the confidence of climbing stairs and not blackening yours eyes in a bra. They will never know the feeling of the reassuring firmness of your underband as it encircles your ribcage as a never-ending hug. They will never know the satisfaction of looking down your chest and seeing the two round, plump spheres protruding and you can't see your feet. They will never know the piercing pain of a broken underwire as it stabs you in the side and you have to endure it until you can get by yourself to remove it from your bra. They will never know the self assurance and pleasure one gets walking by a mirror or large window and see your shapely chest in profile in the reflection. They will never know the feeling of hugging another person and both busts push against each other. They will never know the bond between people who have experienced these things and other things I have not even mentioned. 

Yeah, I am pretty damn lucky! And glad of it too. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Very well said John!..bravo!
I agree 100%👍😃

Offline taxmapper

Def. something going on.  
Checked my ring size, and now I am at a size 17 ring. 

(Was a size 15 a few years ago). 

There is def. something afoot. 

Offline Justagirl💃

Def. something going on. 
Checked my ring size, and now I am at a size 17 ring.

(Was a size 15 a few years ago).

There is def. something afoot.
Going "up" in ring size without significant weight gain might be a bit concerning. 
I stopped wearing my old band because "I out grew it", but in my case it was coupled with weight loss. 
I was retaining water from kidney disease and my hands were swelling. 
After some major lifestyle changes my fingers have returned back to normal size (no salt diet). 

I have not started wearing my old ring because of it's style, but purchased another ring I like. 

You might want to mention to your GP that your fingers seem thicker. In most cases it's nothing, but it can also mean underlying problems. 

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member

Upfront

One sign of full acceptance for me was  passing from doing up a couple more buttons to hide a bra, back to where  I started and on to 1 or even 2 buttons more than I  ever did before breasts sprouted.
I really am not concerned if my bra shows and neither, so it seems, does anyone else.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024