Author Topic: And so its begins or ends ??  (Read 5630 times)

Offline sufferingtolong

• Posting Member
Today I went for a consultation with a private plastic surgeon , I have suffered with gyno for 10 years , although my actually cup size varies with my weight , I have always had a good pair!!

My GF is great who doesn't care , with the right clothes (shirts with front pockets) i can almost get away with it , I haven't worn a T-shirt for years!

but January marks my round the world trip for 7 months of travelling across Asia , Australia , south pacific and America . I didnt want to be standing on the most amazing beaches in the world worrying about exposing my natural wonders. Infact i was not looking forward to the trip at all.

The surgeon confirmed that the majority of my chest was over developed breast tissue and would have to be removed to achieve the chest i was looking for , lipo would not suffice. I am booked in for surgery a week on thursday and hoping I fully recover for January.

I'm going to have a ring of skin cut away around my nip and then the skin pulled in to avoid droopy skin. There are chances of mis-matched nips and not a perfect shape but who cares . I'll be wobble free at last!

Free from my physical prison. So this is not the beggining of my surgery it the end of my gyno! .

DrBermant

Today I went for a consultation with a private plastic surgeon , I have suffered with gyno for 10 years , although my actually cup size varies with my weight , I have always had a good pair!!

My GF is great who doesn't care , with the right clothes (shirts with front pockets) i can almost get away with it , I haven't worn a T-shirt for years!

but January marks my round the world trip for 7 months of travelling across Asia , Australia , south pacific and America . I didnt want to be standing on the most amazing beaches in the world worrying about exposing my natural wonders. Infact i was not looking forward to the trip at all.

The surgeon confirmed that the majority of my chest was over developed breast tissue and would have to be removed to achieve the chest i was looking for , lipo would not suffice. I am booked in for surgery a week on thursday and hoping I fully recover for January.

I'm going to have a ring of skin cut away around my nip and then the skin pulled in to avoid droopy skin. There are chances of mis-matched nips and not a perfect shape but who cares . I'll be wobble free at last!

Free from my physical prison. So this is not the beggining of my surgery it the end of my gyno! .

Male Breast contouring is an art form that is totally different than the female counterpart. Make sure you investigate your surgeon's particular skill with before and after pictures.

Areola Reduction Surgery is a significant compromise that I rarely recommend unless there is a great deal of excess skin (such as After Massive Weight Loss or in large breast Transgender Female to Male Chest Contouring.) There are many techniques to tighten the skin and remove areola, each has their own compromises.  However, flat nipples hanging well below the pectoral muscles look much worse than scars from reduction.  For major amounts of excess skin, a Skin Reduction Chest Lift may be an option.  Depending on sutures to hold areola tissues at a smaller size is a real risk as seen in the example below where I revised a mess from Australia surgeon's use of dissolvable sutures.  Permanent sutures can break, stretch, and get infected.  Such risks are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Warning Graphing During Gynecomastia Areola Reduction Surgery Pictures

You can see actual pictures during a  Revision Donut Mastopexy Areola Reduction Surgery here

Photographs during surgery to reduce big areola continue here. and there are more Pictures during surgery to reduce male areola here.

The areola usually expands with bigger breasts.  Like a balloon, with deflation (surgery) there is a reduction in diameter unless there is a layer of remaining gland after gynecomastia surgery.  Roll your cursor over that text or image and you can see a drawing of gland that can be left behind after surgery.  I have seen many examples of gland adherent to the muscle areola complex that keeps the areola puffy and larger diameter.  That is why I prefer to target the gland first with my Dynamic Technique for Gynecomastia.

Check out the many before after pictures of this  Areola / Nipple Reduction Gallery, Areola Reduction Picture Gallery, and Pictures of Areola Reduced with Gynecomastia Surgery.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Here is a balloon demonstration of nipple / areola shrinkage typically seen with my gynecomastia surgery.  When a breast gets bigger, so does the diameter of the areola nipple complex.  Remove tissue from the breast and it is like this balloon deflation.  However, not all tissues shrink the same.  Tissue over stretched, older patients, scars, and gland remaining after gynecomastia surgery can limit this decrease.  Here is a demonstration of deflation with areola staying the same size.  That is why I prefer to target this gland first with my surgery.

Take your time to browse through the galleries of nipple areola pictures before and after gynecomastia surgery to see actual results for my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Agree w/ Dr. Bermant. Why not get a second opinion that scar will remain for a life time.

Offline sufferingtolong

• Posting Member
I would hate to be left with sagging skin , is the scaring around the nipple that bad ? i do have a rather hairy chest that would hide most scaring ,  i imagined a scar around your nipples would not be too noticeable ?

Offline sufferingtolong

• Posting Member
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

Surgery in 3 days .Now the nerves kick in!

Will post preop and post op pictures when I've had the surgery. Wish me luck guys!

SANITY NOT VANITY!

Offline sufferingtolong

• Posting Member
Well I am 4 days post surgery.

On the morning of the Operation i felt strangley numb , no real emotion what so ever , it was like the nervousness was cancellig out the excitement.

MY memories of the day are almost in the third person. I got in a gown , was wheeled into a room , had a painless canular out in my arm , went a bit drunk and next thing i know I'm coming around with a mask on.

I had drains in my chest and spent the night in the hospital , sleep was intermitent , the pain killers and anesthetic last about twenty four hours.

The next day i had to had my drains taken out , this was without doubt the worst part of the surgery . I unbelieavable burning pain that lasts for hours , after that i had my garment put on.

The next few days i spent in bed in moderate discomfort , you cannot use your arms at all but you get a little movement back each day. The vest actually gives you a bad back whilst you sleep but you get used to it

THE RESULTS. Immediately after surgery i lookd flat both sides , 24 hours after surgery the swelling begins! i have much more swelling on my left side , I'm not panicing as you hae to expect some swelling after surgery . The results are still squire shocking though.

I am much more flexible now , i'm into the itching phase !!!! oh god the itching!!! but itching  = healing so i'm comfortable with that!

I had a donut mastopexy as part of my surgery so i expect i have a little more healing to do than your average gyne sufferer . My nipples were lifted 5 centimeters.

Going for my follow up on thursday , i will probably have uneven swelling and frankenstein nipples but what can you expect a week after ivasive surgery!

but initial impressions show a big reduction

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
nice to hear that.. good luck to your recovery man.
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline jmg106

• Posting Member
Read your post and agree w/Dr. J, I trusted his words and now his work.

DrBermant

Agree w/ Dr. Bermant. Why not get a second opinion that scar will remain for a life time.

Yes, be careful to check how the result moves after surgery and what scar compromises are involved.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024