Author Topic: My story....  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Hi guys, this is Sid here. I'm 21 years old now and I've had this gynecomastia with puffy nipples since I was 12. At that time my dad realized something was wrong and took me to a doctor. After all tests,blood samples the doctors said I had gynecomastia and everything was normal and it would go away in a few years on its own. But it's still there even after 9 years, no improvement.  I'm 5'11" and I used to weigh 185.2 lbs 2months ago but I joined the gym and did intense cardio exercises and now I'm down to 167lbs but my  chest is still the same. I've just started weight training and my upper chest does seem to improve a bit but the lower chest is still the same. I'm sure it's not just fat cause my nipples get puffy when warm and point out. Luckily my chest is not hanging down it's more firm and sticking out. I can feel it's not just fat but breast tissue is present as the nipples get round and swollen and even when they're contracted the skin behind is flabby and loose. Like all of you, I go through the same pain of not being able to take off my shirt in public,no swimming,no beaches nothing at all. I think this is hereditary because my dad has it too but mine is just a bit more worse. I suffer from bronchitis and one doctor told me that could also be one of the causes.
Life just sucks. Almost all the girls I talk to find me very cute and charming and most of them end up hitting on me but I just decline it cause my confidence level is down and I just can't imagine anyone else liking me when I don't like myself in the first place. It's true I hate myself for this. You could say the girls dont care about your gyno and they love you for your personality and all but the point is it does bother me and till I can be happy about myself I can't make someone else happy.
I've had suicidal tendencies many times but that's very cowardly and would make other people around me sad who care for me. I can't even die in peace!
My body hair is more than average so I don't think my testosterone levels would be down. and how lame is it to have a masculine looking body with female looking chest.
I've searched alot and read this forum and seen other people suffering with the same shit and I've concluded surgery is only way to go. My parents can afford it too but I just don't know how to talk about it ,I feel ashamed.
Everything I do ,this is always on my mind. It just kills my confidence. When I go to parties n places people come n talk to me,their first impression of me is very good but I just end up staying quiet most of the time cause all I can think of is someone must be looking at it .this very thought is enough to destroy you emotionally.
As a result I stay irritated most of the time, I get mad at small things. I keep arguing with friends n family over small things.  I just don't feel good ! I want to be normal...that's all. What's the use of a good looking face and height if I had to suffer from this. I look up to an average looking guy cause he at least has a flat chest! He's at least a complete man. I'm not even that.
I'm better than other guys at most things. I'm intelligent, good at games. I play guitar in a band and girls tell me I'm everything that a girl would want but all I can think of is being normal first. A normal freaking chest! God I really hate this. What's the point of living like this.
To a person like me this bothers me alot and I choose not to live with this condition. Either I should die or get the surgery done. I'm totally in a fix. Should I go back to the doctor and get this checked. How's it gonna help..I already know it's gynecomastia and surgery is the only cure.
Life just sucks. I've dated girls but now this condition is bothering me so much that I turn down almost every girl that hits on me . I feel I don't deserve anyone at all. Even if it doesn't bother them it bothers me . Feeling happy about myself is the first thing I want.

I don't know what to say...I wanted to share this with you guys..thanks for reading..

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:21:34 AM by Ibanez99 »

DrBermant

Hi guys, this is Sid here. I'm 21 years old now and I've had this gynecomastia with puffy nipples since I was 12. At that time my dad realized something was wrong and took me to a doctor. After all tests,blood samples the doctors said I had gynecomastia and everything was normal and it would go away in a few years on its own. But it's still there even after 9 years, no improvement.  I'm 5'11" and I used to weigh 185.2 lbs 2months ago but I joined the gym and did intense cardio exercises and now I'm down to 167lbs but my  chest is still the same. I've just started weight training and my upper chest does seem to improve a bit but the lower chest is still the same. I'm sure it's not just fat cause my nipples get puffy when warm and point out. Luckily my chest is not hanging down it's more firm and sticking out. I can feel it's not just fat but breast tissue is present as the nipples get round and swollen and even when they're contracted the skin behind is flabby and loose. Like all of you, I go through the same pain of not being able to take off my shirt in public,no swimming,no beaches nothing at all. I think this is hereditary because my dad has it too but mine is just a bit more worse. I suffer from bronchitis and one doctor told me that could also be one of the causes.
Life just sucks. Almost all the girls I talk to find me very cute and charming and most of them end up hitting on me but I just decline it cause my confidence level is down and I just can't imagine anyone else liking me when I don't like myself in the first place. It's true I hate myself for this. You could say the girls dont care about your gyno and they love you for your personality and all but the point is it does bother me and till I can be happy about myself I can't make someone else happy.
I've had suicidal tendencies many times but that's very cowardly and would make other people around me sad who care for me. I can't even die in peace!
My body hair is more than average so I don't think my testosterone levels would be down. and how lame is it to have a masculine looking body with female looking chest.
I've searched alot and read this forum and seen other people suffering with the same shit and I've concluded surgery is only way to go. My parents can afford it too but I just don't know how to talk about it ,I feel ashamed.
Everything I do ,this is always on my mind. It just kills my confidence. When I go to parties n places people come n talk to me,their first impression of me is very good but I just end up staying quiet most of the time cause all I can think of is someone must be looking at it .this very thought is enough to destroy you emotionally.
As a result I stay irritated most of the time, I get mad at small things. I keep arguing with friends n family over small things.  I just don't feel good ! I want to be normal...that's all. What's the use of a good looking face and height if I had to suffer from this. I look up to an average looking guy cause he at least has a flat chest! He's at least a complete man. I'm not even that.
I'm better than other guys at most things. I'm intelligent, good at games. I play guitar in a band and girls tell me I'm everything that a girl would want but all I can think of is being normal first. A normal freaking chest! God I really hate this. What's the point of living like this.
To a person like me this bothers me alot and I choose not to live with this condition. Either I should die or get the surgery done. I'm totally in a fix. Should I go back to the doctor and get this checked. How's it gonna help..I already know it's gynecomastia and surgery is the only cure.
Life just sucks. I've dated girls but now this condition is bothering me so much that I turn down almost every girl that hits on me . I feel I don't deserve anyone at all. Even if it doesn't bother them it bothers me . Feeling happy about myself is the first thing I want.

I don't know what to say...I wanted to share this with you guys..thanks for reading..

Yes, Living with Gynecomastia can cause stress and be an emotional experience. That video can be a great tool. Many have told me that they used that video to start a discussion with their parents / family. There is a great deal of additional information on those pages that can serve as their introduction to gynecomastia and possible surgical sculpture.

Until surgery becomes an option, Bodyshaping Compression Garments offer a temporary contour solution.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline gynedowner

• Posting Member
I understand where you are coming from. Being happy with yourself is very important. It affects my confidence too. But you can't push people away because of this. I have had a few flings, and a long-term relationship that didn't last due to unrelated issues. You can still try to have relationships. Worst case scenario, you get dumped or rejected. At least you tried. I'd give dating a legit shot before surgery just to prove to yourself that you can do it. Then if you still want it badly enough, consider the surgical option to boost your confidence even more. Don't rely on surgery to change your life. You have more control over your own life than you think. Best of luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024