Author Topic: my future plans before the year ends  (Read 3100 times)

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Im planning on getting surgery around the end of this year. I am 5'11 185 pounds, so im going to lose 20 pounds before the surgery. Im not planning on telling my father about this surgery because he will not understand. Im planning on getting the surgery then having a friend pick me up and bring me home. Is there anyway i can hide that i got surgery from my pops? Or am i going to have a huge vest on your something? Also, how long will it take to get back to the gym and lift weights?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Every surgeon uses a different post op regimen -- it is what works for them.

i usually ask my patients to wear the compression garment for a minimum of four weeks after surgery -- and even longer if they do not mind it.  They can return to the gym at about 4 weeks after surgery.

These are just guidelines -- every patient is different and everyone heals at a different rate.  Best to check with your surgeon for his advice.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Im planning on getting surgery around the end of this year. I am 5'11 185 pounds, so im going to lose 20 pounds before the surgery. Im not planning on telling my father about this surgery because he will not understand. Im planning on getting the surgery then having a friend pick me up and bring me home. Is there anyway i can hide that i got surgery from my pops? Or am i going to have a huge vest on your something? Also, how long will it take to get back to the gym and lift weights?

Hiding that someone has surgery is much more than just an After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Vest. Comfort is a much greater factor. Not all surgeons offer the same techniques. When someone is in pain, it shows something has happened much more than the vest. Check out patients' post here in this forum then my patients' Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery.

I like the single layer of my After Surgery Compression Garment. This is much more discrete than multiple layers of various compression devices.

However, even better is to let you family know that you have been injured. That way they do not accidentally cause damage to healing tissues by say giving a hug. In addition, someone who knows about the surgery needs to stay with the patient for several hours as a safety measure until the sedation drugs have worn off adequately.

Getting back to activity depends on the problem to be treated, what is done, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, garments, and many other factors. This is real surgery and tissues need to heal before stressed. Although I am not creating a sprain, recovery is just like a sprain. In bodybuilding: no pain no gain. In healing ignore the pain and you can hurt the healing. Just like a sprain, assigning a specific time interval to healing is really artificial. For my patients peak swelling is in surgery. Push the healing tissues too far too soon and new injury and swelling occurs.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024