Author Topic: My story!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline f1r3mn

I've been reading alot on this forum and finely got up the nerve to join in. I'm 31y/o from Fl. I have suffered from gyn. since I was 11y/o. I have always had a mild form of gyn. with only puffy nipples. As most people have posted on the forum, I have always been very self concious about my chest and would never go swimming or do other sports without a shirt on or I tweaked my nipples to get them erect. I have never been over weight and have always been physicaly active. I never understood why I had to have this problem. I work as a fireman and in the firehouse things can be pretty rough with hazing. Once some of my co-workers found out I had B*tch T*tt's I never heard the end of it. I recently under went surgery to remove the grandualr tissue and was quiet pleased when my nipples were flat for once in my life only to have them return. I have know had a total of three surgery's, each time my surgeon has told me it will go away. My most recent surgery was 12-1-05. I'm now 5 weeks post and hopefully have resolved the problem. I'm just worried that it will return AGAIN!!!! The first surgery my Dr. had me wearing an ace bandage for compression and I found it very hard to keep the compression where it belonged and I figured that was why it returned. The second surgery he advised me to do the same thing but I tried something new, I took an adjustable back brace and shortend the straps and this seemed to work better but it was very bulky and uncomfortable. Now for the third and hopefully last surgery I went and bought compression vests from underworks ( which I highly recommend for anyone considering gyn surgery) they are comfortable and is just like wearing an undershirt. I still have yet to go to my PCP and have blood work done to find out if I have hypogonadism and if that will make any difference in it returning. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appriciated!!! F1r3mn

Offline mcbane27

• Posting Member
thats interesting...I haven't heard about it coming back like that just from a lack of or perhaps a lower quality method of compression...Keep us posted - I am going in for surgery in the next few months and unfortunately, I don't think I could pay for 3 separate ones!

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
My understanding is that gynaecomastia can return if after surgery, not all the glandular or breast tissue was removed.  Drinking alcohol, especially beer or larger can be a contributing factor, as oestrogen in these products can antagonise the any remaining breast tissue.  There is also some evidence that consuming cannabis can have an effect also.  More significantly the use of anabolic steroids (for either muscle growth or as a therapy for hypogonadism) can cause gynaecomastia.  This is because the testosterone in these products aromatise (breakdown) and one of the metabolites (or 'end' products) is once again oestrogen.

Does any of the above apply to you?

For true gynaecomastia to return, as far as I am aware, it might be because on your first two operations, some breast tissue was left behind.  Do you know if your surgeon did jut lipo or was it lipo and breast tissue excision?

I am due surgery in two weeks time.  My plastic surgeon said that it was his aim to remove as much glandular tissue as possible and any excess fat tissue that was not required.

Hope that helps.

Offline f1r3mn

Phantom, To answer your question, No I have never used cannibis or steroids. According to my surgeon he had left some grandular tissue in so the nipple would not concave in. Again I have not been tested for hypogonadism, so I don't know if this could be the underlying problem to cause it to return. Also it was just grandular extraction with no lipo. Now to mcbane27, All my repeat surgerys have been covered by my initail payment. There has been no extra charges. So I would advise you to speak with your surgeon and ask if the procedure has to be repeated would it cost extra or not. Thanks for the reply!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024