Author Topic: After you get surgery, what are the chances of gyno coming back?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Chad313

• Posting Member
After you get surgery, what are the chances of gyno coming back?

Is it a good idea to make sure your hormones are in balance before surgery, and make sure they stay in balance after surgery?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There was a time when I would have said that any man considering surgery should see an Endocrinologist first. I now think that idea is out of date IF you are consulting a Surgeon who regularly does male breast reduction and has a specific interest in this condition.

Expect the Surgeon to ask you questions about your development and possibly some rather personal questions about your sexuality. He will be looking at things like the distribution of body hair, musculature etc. that might be indicators of a hormonal problem. If he suggests you see an Endocrinologist, Do it and make sure everything is OK before surgery. Such pre-operative screening is pretty routine.

Truly objective statistics are nearly impossible to find, but what information I've see suggests that regrowth is possible but rare.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024