Author Topic: Please Explain Shrinking in terms of Gynecomastia?  (Read 2684 times)

Offline adam9140

• Posting Member
Hi when i read loads of articles saying 90% of pubertal gyno will "shrink" or dissapear by 2-3 years?

Heres whats happening, at the moment my chest is shrinking on both sides, but my right is shrinking faster as their is more mass under the left, anyways what is the process of "shrinking or dissapearing gyno"

Just to add im 16, ive had it for nearly 3 years i believe or 2 years.  I am not 100% sure but it is definetly shrinking.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Up to the time of puberty there is no difference in the breasts of males and females. With the onset of puberty, there is an increase of both testosterone and estrogen in the male. At this point, the breasts often enlarge somewhat until the hormones level out and the testosterone dominates.

Once the hormones settle down, many males have their breasts shrink over time until the major defining element is the pectoral muscle. For a significant number, the breasts do not diminish very much in size. If the breasts are large and contoured, the condition is called Gynecomastia. For some men only puffy nipples remain and this too is called Gynecomastia. The breast tissue does not go away, but it does often shrink and become dormant. Because the breast tissue is still there, events later in life could cause it to enlarge again. Some medications will cause the breasts to enlarge and variations in hormone levels can also cause that to happen.

Many babies, of both genders, have some breast enlargement due to hormones from the mother. In some cases the baby will actually produce a tiny bit of milky liquid as well. This usually deiminishes within the first few months.

Many men will experience breast growth as their testosterone level declines in old age. This does not ordinarily diminish.

If the breast tissue has become stabilized and has not changed for 2 or more years, there is little chance that it will shrink to a significant extent.

Having breasts of unequal size is very common in both men and women.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024