Author Topic: can gyne return after surgery??????  (Read 4264 times)

Offline hooters

• Posting Member
i have an appoinment with my surgeon tomarrow and i was wondering if it is possilble for the gyne to come back after i have the surgery??????

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Yes, but only if your gyne is caused by an underlying hormonal problem. Read the sticky thread "Important info for.." in this forum.
etc.

Offline rcbrown23

This is really why the board is putting an importance on seeing an endocrinologist before having the op. That is really the only way to be sure that it will not grow back. Chances are that you'll be OK...but maybe not.

I thought I would be OK considering I am a healthy 25 year old that excersizes often, and is of ideal weight. Sure enough, I went to an endo and found that there is a slight imbalance that could be the cause of gyno.

If it's just a consultation tomorrow, then you'll be fine. Just go to an endo sometime before the op. Lot's of times, if there is indeed an imbalance, it can be resolved in a matter of 4-6 weeks.

Good luck                         -Brown

Offline hooters

• Posting Member
i went to my local doctor and then i went to another place and they took 5 different blood samples and everything was fine... my doctor reffered me to a surgeon ........ in  my case can the gyne come back after the surgery?

Gine2D

Most doctors say "everything is fine" if the testosterone is in the tested range for anyone from 21 to 95.

So if you are 21 & the level is 300 they say you are fine, but your levels should actually be over 600 for most guys at that age.

They almost never test for Estrogen E2 unless it is demanded.  That is what causes most boob growth, low T & high E2.

If the imbalance is not corrected the boobs will probably grow back.

Offline rcbrown23

Most doctors say "everything is fine" if the testosterone is in the tested range for anyone from 21 to 95.

So if you are 21 & the level is 300 they say you are fine, but your levels should actually be over 600 for most guys at that age.

They almost never test for Estrogen E2 unless it is demanded.  That is what causes most boob growth, low T & high E2.

If the imbalance is not corrected the boobs will probably grow back.

Agreed. Ask exactly what tests were done and also to get a copy of your results.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Weight gain can bring gyne back as well
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
hooters, your "local doctor" may be a fine doctor but he's no endocirnologist. Your doctor is not trained in the same way the endo is to look for specific hormonal problems.

theweeninjaguy

yeah it can return - did for me

the only way to totally get rid of it is to remove all of the underlaying breast tissue. in many cases the surgery will only remove the lump itself but not the surrounding material.

in my case my first lump was below my nipple, it was removed and then a few years later another lump appeared above my nipple on the same side.

you would ahve to talk to your plastic surgeon and explain that you wanted all of the breast material removed - or they probalby won't do it. general surgeons will go in, cut it out and stitch you up quickly with no thought for the overall result so ask for a plastic surgeon if you can and then talk to  him

ninja ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024