Author Topic: What is comming out of my nipples????  (Read 4892 times)

Offline geno

• Posting Member
I have a liquid comming out of my nipples and my gyno has swelled up even more and they hurt and feel full, does anyone have a clue what it might be or what is causing it?  If I didn't know better I would think I was getting breast milk, like my wife did when we had our baby, but I don't believe that can have to a GUY, can it?! ???  

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Contact your doctor without delay
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline Spleen

yeah, try to get a referral with an endocrinologist ASAP.

Offline rcbrown23

Yes, lactation can, and does, happen to men. At first I thought it was extremely rare, but after floating around these boards for about a year now, I realize that it is not that uncommon. I do agree that you should contact your doctor, but don't get all worried and think your going to die or something.

In the past year, I have probably heard it come up around 7-8 times, so it's not that uncommon. If it just started, and your a grown man, then there probably is something going on that need to be corrected, so again, contact your doctor and see what he/she thinks is the next step.

-Brown

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
yep, brown beat me to the punch. Are you taking any meds?  Some meds can stimulate your mammary gland and cause you to produce a small amount of milk (small when compared to most women).

I know they sometimes give men female hormones in the treatment of prostate cancer and one of the side effects can be "nipple leaks".  

Like everyone said, talk to your doctor.  Probably nothing to worry about, but not sure. Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:36:30 AM by jc71 »

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
On the discovery channel documentary on gynecomastia, there was one man who started lactating.

What caused it for him was a tumor on his pituitary gland, a brain tumor in other words. It caused high levels of estrogen and prolactin.

theweeninjaguy

your lactating.

this is er bad!

easy to fix tho.

do you have any nolvadex (tamixofen) if so take 60mg today, 40mg untill the symptoms subside then 20mg for a week to taper down.

is advising on drug doses etc ok on this forum - i'm new and don't want to break forum rules?

ninja ;D

Offline rcbrown23

Ninja...probably not a good idea. I understand your trying to help, but there are a lot of different opinions around here and for the most part, everyone tries to leave the diagnosing and dosing to qualified doctors.

If you want to suggest something along to "drug" lines, tell someone to ask thier doctor about it.

example: "Ask your doctor if nolvadex (tamixofen) at 60mg a day could help the situation."

-Brown

theweeninjaguy

i tend to find that doctors don't know much about nolvadex tbh. it's an anti cancer drug and the gyno reduction is really no more than an interesting side effect.

i'm not going to hang about and watch you lot opt for surgery all the time.

play by the rule book if you feel it's of benefit to you but i can tell from the year i've browsed this site that generally the rule book doesn't work for you

i was trying to provide an alternative. if you don't want it then that's cool i don't have gyno anymore and if i get it again i'll have it for only a few weeks before i've reduced it. if you want to keep yours for longer then that's your choice.

ninja ;D

Offline Kk

• Posting Member
Ninja person, no offense, but do you work for the main pharmaceutical corp who produces nolvadex!? Seriously, do you like work on commission? Because every other post you mention it and well, its starting to look dodgy...

Oh and I agree, doctor without delay.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Yeah seriously Ninja guy, leave it out.  It's not your place to go prescribing drugs - that's a VERY dangerous thing to do because anyone foolish enough to take your advice could wind up very ill.
You gotta tone down all this promotion of this 'wonder drug'.  It's fine if you don't like the idea of surgery, but some of us don't like the idea of pumping ourselves full of chemicals.

Offline hypo

If this is a prolactin issue- a common possibility Nolvadex is no answer at all.

I'm gone bye;)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

theweeninjaguy

muppets

i've had surgery twice both for gyno i got during puberty

and no i don't work for the company who make nolva or any other drug. i'm just someone who didn't enjoy having beasts - you guy's seem to love them tho!

ninja ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:37:47 PM by theweeninjaguy »

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
What a complete d*ckhead.

Ninja guy, why don't you just leave this discussion board out of your life.  We would be a lot better off without your comments

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024