Author Topic: Hormonal Blood Test Q's  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Nove

Hi everyone.  This is my first post but ive been lurking on here for several months. Im 24 and I finally decided to go ahead and do something about this gyne.  I remember noticing it at about 10 or 11 years old.  

I would like to see about getting surgery but from what I've read it's a good idea to get your hormone levels checked first.So my first step is to go get a blood test to check my hormone levels.  How do i go about doing this, do i just go see my Dr. and then tell him i need a blood test? (I go to kaiser btw) So after the blood tests, what would be the next step?  If they come back as imbalanced Im assuming the doc will try to get me on a bunch of meds which i dont really want to do if i can avoid it, especially if it wont make the gyne go away.  

Has anyone here tried a hormonal treatment? If so was it effective?

If these have been answered before maybe show me some links, i couldnt find any good posts on it.  Thanks.

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
We're probably not from the same country, but the procedure should be the same. I went to my doctor and told him I have gyne (boooy did that take some courage, I know the guy since I was 7) and that I want it fixed and that I want to see an endocrinologist. He gave me a piece of paper (dunno what it is in English) and took it to the clinic and now I'm to get my hormone levels checked in August (the waiting sucks, but it will be all the sweeter come August).

What I've heard there is a very small chance that something would be wrong with your hormone levels, so you shouldn't worry (although I still do a bit, because the size of my moobs seems to change slightly every few months). If there is a problem however, I have no idea how to proceed from there. I'm guessing some meds yeah, to sort the hormone levels, hopefully that doesn't mean you then can't do the surgery or something.

Offline Nove

Cool, thanks for sharing. Im going to try and get an appointment tommarrow. Even though I havent had the surgery it already feels good to know that im finally moving in the right direction to get rid this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024