Author Topic: First consultation Wednesday - Question to ask?  (Read 2899 times)

Offline gizoto316

• Posting Member
I've had gyne since I was 14 and I am now 24.  I finally have saved up enough money for surgery and I have my first consultation on Wednesday 5/30.  What kinds of questions should I ask the surgeon to find if he is proficient in this type of surgery?

Thanks!

Offline gizoto316

• Posting Member
Thanks DenverGuy!  The surgeon I am seeing is Dr. Roy Semlacher in the Sacramento, CA area.  He had before and after pics of excision on his website, which is why I am going to see him.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My only regret is that I didn't have my own surgery 20 years ago. But better late than never!

GRS techniques were not as refined 20-30 years ago as they are today...  You're prolly better off!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I hadn't even thought of that! Thanks GB!

"Damn, why couldn't I have had this done sooner"....

Yeah, I thought of that also. However, as I mentioned, gyne surgery techniques are much different today. Years ago, a guy would get a full mastectomy. Today's GRS philosophy is more of a sculpting process rather than just the 'cut-and-remove' mentality of yesteryear...

I'm glad I had done 'later'....  ;)

GB

Offline gizoto316

• Posting Member
Sounds good! Best wishes to you - my only regret is that I didn't have my own surgery 20 years ago. But better late than never!

Yep, that's why I am getting it done as soon as I had the money!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024