Author Topic: extreme gyne, & extreme weight loss. ????  (Read 5575 times)

Offline user name

• Posting Member
ive been on this board for a while, and the more i scour it, the more depressed i get. everytime i see someones pics with gyne i tell myself "if i only had it that good." i actually have severe gynecomastia, as well as excess skin which makes it soooo much worse. right now im roughly 220lbs & 22% bf down from 330lbs @ 45%+ bf. ive packed on some good muscle the past 10 months, but the more fat i lose, and the more muscle i gain. i feel its all in vain, because the horrific flaps i have hanging from my chest will never go away. i am not scared to do surgery (or scars) however i dont want it to bankrupt me, and im also scared it will never look right. i guess i could get some pics up, and see what yalls thoughts are?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is a limit to the elasicity of the skin. If the limit has been exceded the skin cannot shrink back after weight loss and the sagging breast is the result. Dr Bermant has covered the topic quite well on these pages so you may want to look back through some of his older posts.

The bottom line is that surgery will probably be in your future if you wish to get rid of this.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

ive been on this board for a while, and the more i scour it, the more depressed i get. everytime i see someones pics with gyne i tell myself "if i only had it that good." i actually have severe gynecomastia, as well as excess skin which makes it soooo much worse. right now im roughly 220lbs & 22% bf down from 330lbs @ 45%+ bf. ive packed on some good muscle the past 10 months, but the more fat i lose, and the more muscle i gain. i feel its all in vain, because the horrific flaps i have hanging from my chest will never go away. i am not scared to do surgery (or scars) however i dont want it to bankrupt me, and im also scared it will never look right. i guess i could get some pics up, and see what yalls thoughts are?

Congratulations on your losing the weight.  In general wearing the extra fat is not healthy.  Check out your risks with a BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index)

Plastic surgery is better after weight loss, losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic surgery is better used for refinement.

Weight Loss, Dealing With Excess Skin of the Chest and Body is also a major emotional issue.

Check out this section on the emotion of body lift surgery for those after massive weight loss:

Personal experiences and emotions of dealing with weight, loose skin, and body lift surgery.

I see many patients after massive weight loss and most men list their chest as their biggest concern.  When there are issues of Lifting Drooping Breast or Male Mastopexy for Chest Ptosis from Loose Skin, understanding issues of the whole body are very important.  Lifting the nipple / areola back into position typically needs to be part of the solution.  Having drooping nipples below the pectoral muscles can look bizarre.

The problem is that once the chest has been sculpted, the remaining deformities tend to stand out more.  If a patient needs to consider Lower Body Lift Surgery or Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty, either operation tends to pull the nipple areola lower.  Having the coarser lower surgery first is typically the better solution to minimize needing to then revise the chest.

Take your time and look at the many videos and movies showing the three dimensional nature of the problem and the solution for this problem after massive weight loss.  It can take some time to review these massive sections on my website, but the education can be very important.

Your questions are better explored during a consultation where your problem can be better evaluated and options discussed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline user name

• Posting Member
wow, that Internal Male Mastopexy Breast Lift looks awesome, however i dont think thats gonna work in my case. my nipple hangs quite a bit lower than any of your patients you pictured, and my breasts are quite a bit larger. i really wish i had 200.00 right now to get you to tell me what you think, however i know in the next 6 months or so i will be losing another 10% bodyfat or so. i would like to get down around 8-10% bodyfat before i get any procedure done.

Offline user name

• Posting Member
adding some pics... its clear i will prolly need skin removal, i also have pretty decent glandular mass, seeing as ive had very low testosterone levels all my life. will definately need my nips moved and decreased in size.

the second pic is with my arms up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:54:11 AM by user name »

Offline user name

• Posting Member
any other input? or suggestions for local houston surgeons?

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
congratulations on the weight loss, you have done amazingly well!  I hope you get it resolved.

Offline user name

• Posting Member
well ever since my last reply on here i got some underworks compression shirts. my moobs have actaully halfed their size. ive also im down to around 17% body fat, and still weigh about 200lbs, ive actually put on more muscle mass than fat lost. but im happy as generally its almost impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. i do not think the compression shirts are going to rid my excess skin in my chest completly though.

Offline anon643

• Posting Member
well ever since my last reply on here i got some underworks compression shirts. my moobs have actaully halfed their size. ive also im down to around 17% body fat, and still weigh about 200lbs, ive actually put on more muscle mass than fat lost. but im happy as generally its almost impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. i do not think the compression shirts are going to rid my excess skin in my chest completly though.

how did you get them to half their size? that's pretty amazing

Offline user name

• Posting Member
That's great!!! Whether or not you choose to have surgical intervention, getting more fit can only help! If you can get where you feel comfortable without having to have surgery, that's so much the better. Good luck to you!

thanks, i think i will still need surgery down the road, but i think the better it looks going into surgery, the better it will look once surgery is done. this means less skin will need to be removed.

how did you get them to half their size? that's pretty amazing

ive been wearing underworks compression shirts everyday, and since ive lost considerable fat in my chest area, keeping the breast compressed is helping the skin retract. also there is less fat weight pulling down on them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024