Author Topic: Mesotherapy  (Read 6225 times)

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
I've had 2 surgerys so far. Excision + lipo the first time, but not enough fat was taken out... so only lipo second time. My left side used to be huge. like seriously major boobage. Its gone down considerably after the two operations, but still big. Its been a couple of weeks now since my 2nd operation, and my PS said if its still big in a few weeks, we could consider Mesotherapy, which is where they give you an injection to dissolve the little fat that remains.

Just wondering if anyone here knows much about this procedure and would care to share a little extra light on it? Gracias.

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
I had mesotherapies a few years ago and they helped me to reduce the fatty component of my gyno;Now I have only gland and I'm gonna get the op.This technique is based on infiltration of lipolithyc substances by injection in the interested area.
Anyway sounds strange to me that you couldn't eliminate fat by lipo
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
A lot of fat was elminated, but my left side (huge to begin with) is still kinda big and boob-shaped by normal standards. Getting rid of that would mean finally being able to walk around shirtless on the beach :-)

So how how many mesotherapies did you have, and how long did it take for the effects to be visible? I'm glad to see a success story!

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Mine is not a success story... I said that they only reduced the fatty component but I still have glands...Anyway, I can say that after 9-10 appointments, also owing to healthy eating, i got a 70-80% reduction of the starting fatty component.
Good luck mate!

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
I've already had glands taken out, so reducing the fatty component has been my major issue. Don't worry buddy, once you have excision and your glands removed, you'll be flat as a board! :-) And don't worry, its a superficial operation, and the aching doesnt last much beyond the first few days.

Over how much time were these 9-10 appointments of yours?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Just curious, does this mesotherapy process actually kill the fat cells so that they'll be gone permanently? 
If so, then why doesn't everybody do it (instead of lipo) for general fat reduction in problem areas? 
What are the risks?
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
To frodo: I had an appointment per week.

To MrNip: I'm not so expert to give you a precise answer; anyway they are two different techniques; lipo takes out the fat directly and mesotherapy only helps to rapidly burn fat. They have different features, advantages and disadvantages.

Another thing... Frodo, listen...
I've red that pseudogynecomastia (ONLY fat) can be erased by phosphatidilcolyne infiltrations.
search on the web for lipodissolve .

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
Mr Nip... because mesotherapy has not been completely proven to work, as far as I know. My PS mentioned it before I went for my 2nd operation, but it seems that its not completely proven to work - since it takes place over a long period of time and is always in conjunction with diet and exercise, they dont know whether the diet and exercise alone would be enough. Still... worth researching more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesotherapy

raymysterio... the wikipedia page on mesotherapy has this to say about phosphatidilcolyne infiltrations... "phosphatidylcholin is unpredictable and causes extreme inflammation and swelling where injected. It is not a benign drug." USAToday 8/4/2004. It is currently banned in a number of South American countries."

That makes me a little wary... even so, I'm gonna read some more about it and make an informed descision.

My left side still has a "boob" shape, and a tenderness to it. Although its MUCH smaller than before my 1st surgery, I cant help but feel that the difference is in degree... as in it looks like a smaller breast, but not like a masculine chest. The right side is great.

SO I'm wondering, can you melt away this irritating tender feminine looking stubborn fat with just diet and exercise? I mean now that the gland's gone and all? I've been eating really healthy and walking for an hour a day... I still have slight lovehandles and a bit of a gut, but on the whole I'm not fat... I weigh like 64 kgs now, so I really don't wanna lose much more weight.

I also read about this gel called ANDRACTIM that's a testosterone steroid gel which has had some success treating gyne... dont know if the effects last though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:27:43 AM by frodo »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Mr Nip... because mesotherapy has not been completely proven to work, as far as I know. My PS mentioned it before I went for my 2nd operation, but it seems that its not completely proven to work - since it takes place over a long period of time and is always in conjunction with diet and exercise, they dont know whether the diet and exercise alone would be enough. Still... worth researching more...

OK, I follow you. 
It's like all these diet pills come with instructions to follow an exercise program and eat less.  It would be nice if they could give you a shot in the chest or nips and the next day they'd be flat, wouldn't it?  Anyway, that's what I was really wondering... It seems that if the stuff really did work to remove fat in precise areas, then it would be all over the news and all the celebs would be doing it.  It would be the biggest thing since Botox. 

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Andractim is unuseful if ur glands have been removed.

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
I agree Mr Nip... although I hope that mesotherapy and lipodissolve might work to remove small pockets of fat. I would hate to have to go for surgery for a THIRD time.  :'(  :'(  :'(

I mean, I'll do it if theres no option. But I don't think I can wait another six months to do it.  >:(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024