Author Topic: Anyone have any experience or an opinion on Under Armour ....  (Read 3460 times)

Offline loopee

• Posting Member
Anyone have an opinion or feedback regarding Under Armour to be worn as a compression garment after surgery. My surgeon and his nurse said it would be ok. I purposely bought a shirt that was two sizes small and it fits very tightly ... It feels like there is adequate compression. Any opinions?

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
My surgeon said Under Armour was ok to use too, but when I tried to use it I did not get enough support from it and was in pain.  I ordered a couple of compression shirts off of eBay that worked well and were cheaper than other sites.  The shirts were made for gynecomastia sufferers.  If you get on eBay and type in Gynecomastia it will come up. You can also go to the follwing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GYNECOMASTIA-MAN-BREAST-GYNEACOMASTIA-UNDERSHIRT-SMALL_W0QQitemZ120120254128QQihZ002QQcategoryZ15687QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem 

Let me know how you make ouy.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
A lot of us have used Underworks.  They work great, are reasonably priced, and my PS was impressed by them as well.  He's started recommending them to others as a transition from the chest binder vest. 

Also if you'll do a site search for post op compression shirts you'll find a lot of information and feedback about many different ones. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline loopee

• Posting Member

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
I am 220, 6'2 and bought a Under Armour medium shirt instead of the compression vest.

It seems to be working fine, it fits very tight, is breathable and doesn't have a zipper and is completely un-noticable under just a t-shirt.  I didn't ask my surgeon if it was alrite, thats the only thing I wish I had done, but it seems to be doing the job alrite.

Offline sammi

• Posting Member
what is compression meaning here?  After surgery do you have to keep the area weirhed down and if so for what reason?

Offline Timmy31

• Posting Member
what are these shirts made of?  Are they very light and like a spandex material?

Offline Mr_Nip

Here's a handy link to Underworks compression shirts.  It shows the more popular (for our purposes) of their shirts and gives specific details about them:

http://www.underworks.com/998.html

Offline Mr_Nip

what is compression meaning here?  After surgery do you have to keep the area weirhed down and if so for what reason?

Sammi,
After liposuctioning such a large area there's a void in the chest.  The skin kind of wants to slide down and hang since the fat that used to hold it to the chest is now gone.  Compression is used first to hold everything together really tight so that proper healing can happen without a lot of movement between tissues.  After some time goes by, compression is useful for keeping swelling down and reducing fluid buildup. 
The shirts we're talking about here would be used as a transition (after a couple of weeks) from the chest-binding vest that will likely be worn immediately following surgery.  The great thing about them is they're more natural-feeling and look more like a regular t-shirt under the clothes.

In your particular situation, I'm not sure if there are youth sizes available.  I'm pretty sure that Underworks has size extra small, which I believe is for a 28" post op chest.   I've found that they are very helpful on the phone, so you may find that they can help you figure out your best options by calling. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:41:35 PM by Mr_Nip »

Offline sammi

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024