Author Topic: Drinking Milk  (Read 3534 times)

Offline cowbellmaster

I drink lots of milk and I have been hearing that there are a lot of hormones in milk.(including estrogen) Some are in the milk naturally and others are added. I was wondering if these hormones could possibly contribute to gynecomastia.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
a lot of things eaten today are pumped full of hormones....beyond milk so is many meat products eaten as well....i dunno if it contributes to gyne but its probably not good.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Estrogen has been used to bulk-up beef cattle, But it is not used in Dairy animals because high levels of Estrogen suppress Lactation.

Dairy products are safe. Meat may be worthy of concern, but we all know people who consume lots of meat that do not have Gynecomastia so even here the concern may prove unjustified.

I think most of us would like to blame something for having caused our Gynecomastia, But generally it simply will not stick.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, I know chickens are pumped full of estrogen.  So are cattle, and any kind of meat.  Basically, there's no way to get away from the hormone pumped foods.  You can buy organic, but that's twice the price and not easy to find.  I really don't think that it contributes that much though to gynecomastia.  My dad had a bad case back when it was all natural.  I think it has to do with your own body more than anything.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
for myself i'm not at all convinced it's safe, i think it could be a real major factor in gyne.  if you want to know why, read the thing i quoted in this post (click the quote from link): 

there's an interesting article (note mention of tamoxifen and igf-1) at http://www.vegansociety.com/content/articles/stimesmag_jul2002.html   if the humane dimension interests you too, poke around the links a little on www.milksucks.com for what it says that's worth thinking about. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024