Author Topic: I didn't get an answer...  (Read 3202 times)

cody sockeye

Is it possible that my gyne will go away on its own after having it for 5-6 years? Also does gynecomastia have anything to do with genes? Because my Dad said he had the same problem, he got it when he was 12 and it was gone by 15. And I'm 14 and had it since age 8 or 9...

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
I haven't heard of many cases where gyne went away on its own after several years.  With your family medical history though it may not be a bad idea to wait a while longer and see what happens.  If the gyne is the same by the time you hit 16 I would start looking at surgery if I were you.

It is good that you have talked with your Dad about this. 

DrBermant

Is it possible that my gyne will go away on its own after having it for 5-6 years? Also does gynecomastia have anything to do with genes? Because my Dad said he had the same problem, he got it when he was 12 and it was gone by 15. And I'm 14 and had it since age 8 or 9...

Gynecomastia that has not resolved by two years typically does not go away. 

Check out my Teenage Gynecomastia Gallery.  Here you can find pictures before and after my gynecomastia surgery performed on teenagers and adolescent males.  The small image here will link to its much larger image on rom there, you can click on the details about this patient, the problem, surgical solutions, and results.

"How old should you be before considering Gynecomastia Surgery" are very common questions.  What age depends on many factors. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

cody sockeye

Thank you Dr. Bermant. You've answered many questions of mine that I haven't even asked yet.

DrBermant

Thank you Dr. Bermant. You've answered many questions of mine that I haven't even asked yet.

You are welcome.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024