Author Topic: surgery or no surgery???  (Read 1533 times)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
i have had gynecomastia since the age of around 14-15...when i noticed it i started to workout (thinking it was just fat) even though i was already thin. i tried working out my chest to improve the contour of my chest however always had this extra lump behind my nipples which made them puff out more than normal. Working out my chest actually made the problem worse, just sticking the gland out even further. The erect nipple makes my chest look somehwat normal however when warm looks terrible. By no means do i have a bad case of gynecomastia, however the nipple areolar complex  has becom ptotic (sagging) on the lower pectoral, giving the female like look to my chest. i am hevily into exercising, the gym and surfing however cant even wear a singlet to the gym as my nipple protude and sag through my singlet.

After 5 years of constant remarks from guys and girls and constant nipple pinching/groping (can see it through my t shirts, especially white) about my chest size i was referred to  PS. He diagnosed me with grade 1 gynecomastia (all gland, basically no fat at all). He suggested a hemi-areolar incision and resection of the gland from the chest, and lipo but probably not needed. I have now booked a date for the surgery (no payment yet) however keep having 2nd thoughts.

wanting some help...do u believe surgery is worthy for my case? ...im just worried about scarring (however my brother had it done some 10 yrs ago due to steroid use for asthma, scars are not there basically)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
maywest, hav u also had the surgery...?

just wondering cause i wanna know if its best to not do the surgery and have to constantly stimulate nipples to keep them erect wen shirt is off or have the surgery and have th epossibility of scarring?

Offline buyside

• Posting Member
The questions you need to ask yourself are 1) What can I hope to acheive via surgery and 2) Is this worth the money, time, etc. Only then will you have an idea if surgery is right for you.

Everyone can give their opinion but it ultimately depends on what you think given the above constraints.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024