Author Topic: excercise or not?  (Read 6239 times)

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
hi, guys, i'm about 230 pounds, got quite an extreme gyno. i am not ready to get surgery yet (possibly not this year), so this year i guess i jus wanna try to make my gyno smaller (perhaps any natural ways), and make it less noticeable when i dress (compression vests dont work, moobs r too big).

my question is, if i were to do pectoral excercises, would it make my gyne look worse by pushing out the pecs and hence the breast.

OR

would it make it better because i would be burning the fat around the glandular tissue.

PLEASE HELP.

PS. wat kind of excerise would u suggest -> to make the moobs smaller, also any herbal remedies or watever?

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
diet will be a large part of this...and exercise that focuses on fat burning in general.  I wouldnt worry about chest specific exercise.  If you are significantly over weight i would suggest a combination of a low carb- atkins type diet along with biking or jogging a few times a week.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
atkins does work...i dont recomend it for anyone except those who need to drop a lot of weight, but it's more of a "dummies" guide to losing weight not having to desipher good carbs from bad carbs as rigidly as someone who is on atkins.  This does need to be done with exercise and then gradually shifted to a diet which can be better maintained for a fit lifestyle, but i would not go as far to say never do atkins type diets.

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
1. I think its very much grandular; becasue they dont droop n shit like they would if they were full of fat, i'll post pix up soon. the left breast is definately more gradular than the right one, and bigger too, cuz initially when i was 12, i only had one sided gyne.

2. what is atkins?

3. anyone aware of any herbal remedies?

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
Never do atkins type diets, they wont work. what you need to do is dramatically reduce the amount of calories you intake i would say 1500. then excercise for 3 days a week starting at 20mins at each time until you get use to it, then gradually build up. also if you drink a lot of fizzy drinks learn to drink water. how do i know this? i use to be 250 pounds now im down to 175 and about 17% bodyfat and im looking to reduce that still, but ignore that atkins shit cause if you follow it you will put the weight back on again, seriously i know what im talking about

yea calories should be the main focus of a diet eating 1500 a day will most definitly make the pounds fly off, but in all honesty no offence but, the stats u posted are commonly reffered to as skinny-fat because of the muscle u most likely lost during ur diet lean protien sources will stop that but a little more research should be done before starting such a drastic diet bodybuilding.com is a great source and here a good read for ya. you still deserve props what u did is no easy task and congrats for reaching and ideal weight.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/girard5.htm
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:21:10 PM by State_Property »

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
i never mentioned at any point about losing muscle? i go to the gym 3 times a week and bench press amonst other things, of course i know this!!

huh?

if you lose weight, you lose muscle mass aswell that why you need to tone as you lose weight

the primary goal of any1 trying to lose weight is "to lose fat while keeping muscle" this can only be acheived by a combination of things,
1.lifting weights multiple times per week.
2.giving urself a personalized calorie deficit(diet) and not going extremly below ur maintenance.
3.the foods u eat an average diet will consist of a macro split similar to this
40/40/20    this can be SLIGHTLY adjusted cause evryone is different
carbs/protien/fats

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
guys, i still havent gotten the answer to my question: EXCERCISE OR NOT?

will it make the breasts more prominient by pushing the pecs out OR will it make them better looking by burning the fat. just holla at my with ur own experiences. i'm about 230 pounds, pretty fat now --> ruined my god given athletic body (but thats a different story).

help me out here

Offline sammi

• Posting Member
I will add my 2 cents.  A low carb diet works if you want to loose weight fast, but once you hit a plateau, say 9-12 months later the weight will come back on so you should have a back up plan.  I know this because I did low carb without exercise and I lost 55 lbs. in 6 months including a whole breast size.  I don't think low carb descriminates to gender.  I wouldn't think that exercise would hurt but my sons Dr. did specify that it wouldn't fix the gyne or make it any less noticable. 

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yes you should exercise.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline buyside

• Posting Member
guys, i still havent gotten the answer to my question: EXCERCISE OR NOT?

will it make the breasts more prominient by pushing the pecs out OR will it make them better looking by burning the fat. just holla at my with ur own experiences. i'm about 230 pounds, pretty fat now --> ruined my god given athletic body (but thats a different story).

help me out here

I was pretty out of shape back in Jan and started to workout and diet again in preparation for surgery in June.

Lifting weights, imo, helped improve the overall shape of my chest but I aslo think it made my gyne more apparent. Before I had skin, muslce, fat, and gland. As I got into better shape, I lost some fat so the gland became more pronounced.

So yeah, it may make it "worse" but if you're having it removed that's only temporary. Plus the other benefits of exercise far outweigh this cost. You should definitely do it.

Offline berettagtz

• Posting Member
OK, after about a month of working out, I found that work outs ( mainly doing pec. excercises, ie. push ups) really helped my chest look more natural.  I am not saying it reduced my gyne by any means, but I am saying that it made my chest look bigger and therefore made the nipples look more natural.  I think, this only works for people who are skinny like me.  Initially I didn't have any pec. muscles, but after about a month of push ups it really looks better.  I even went to the beach after a long time, and didn't really care about my chest.  Again, my nipple area did not get any smaller, but only my pecs got a little bit more meat.  And here is some advice for people who are planning to go swimming:  Whatever you do, do not act like you are not comfortable with your body.  Do not look down your chest at all.  In fact, you should stick it out like you are king kong, and believe me no one will care about it.  If you act confident about your chest, then everyone else will accept it as it is. 

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member

ummm... did i not say this, this will be the last time i will comment of this post i wont argue with timewasters like yourself who are only intrested in what information they give rather than listening to other peoples input who have went through the experience

You have been through this experience but so have millions of ppl who have tried to lose weight at some point in their lives. Just because this worked for u doesn't mean it works for everyone, and the advice u give is not only negative but possibly dangerous.

Yes, u did say to lift weights congratulations, that's 1 step forward. The dangerous part i reffered to was the calorie defacit, without going into detail as the links do, 1500 cals/day is more like a diet tailored for a tiny 110 pound women, this is far to few from how many a man would require.

And finally my third point which u left out of the quote maybe caused u havn't mentioned it, but its called a macro split which when personalized is the primary reason diets make u look so good, by knowing almost exactly how many carbs will fuel u for the day/protiens to repair ur muscles/fats for whole body as well as cardiovascular benefits (meal timing is an important piece to this step) you will be able to lose all ur bodyfat while keeping (possibly building) all your muscle till the most desireable <8% (completely shredded)  Now of coarse the time frame to get it done in, all depends on the amount of pounds to lose a resonable goal should be 12-15 pounds a month i wouldn't aim any higher then that like my friend here obviously did.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024