Author Topic: My Marijuana/Gyno Link + Endo Results  (Read 5649 times)

Offline abc321

• Posting Member
Hello Everyone,

A few months back I went to an Endo about my Gyne (I am 5"11, 185lbs, pot smoker, social drinker).  They ordered blood tests, and my total estrogen came back at 189 pg/ml with a reference of <130.  My testosterone was 573 ng/dl.   After these tests, I was terrified that i must have Adrenal Cancer or something else horrible, since i could not figure out a reason why my estrogen could be so high. The Endo told me Marijuana was likely the culprit and not to worry--- however, all the evidence I read on the internet was inconclusive about Marijuana raising estrogen levels.  I would always notice, however, that the NEXT day after smokign my breasts would look puffy and bigger... anyone else notice that?? I noticed some people posting that observation here but reply posts would dismiss it as ridiculous. I did notice that as well, however.

Anyway, after my test results, the ENdo told me to stop smoking marijuana for a month, cut my drinking down a bit, and then retake the exam.... I did this, (My estrogen was put in components this time) and my results came back as: Estradiol - 43 (<56 pg/ml ref.) and Estrone - 18 pg/ml (<68 pg/ml reference).  Although my Estradiol still seems to be in the upper-half of the reference range, both were in the range this time and my total estrogen was totally out of range when I was smoking weed.  Perhaps if I cut weed out even further, my Estradiol would go down even more. Anyway, I thought i'd share my results with anyone who is interested.  As for people who seem to have no negative effects from Marijuana; my Endo told me some people are sensitive to it, and others have no negative endocrine effects.

Offline hategyne

Has the gyne reduced in size since you quit smoking and cut down the drinking?

sadboy89

Yeah pot makes my gyne IMMEDIATELY super sensitive and bigger- when i stop though it goes down to the same level it always is and never more

Offline mouse88

• Posting Member
This is very interesting. I'm going to go to an endocrinologist and get myself checked out. I think its the only way I'll know for sure.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
This is very interesting.

Yeah, it's odd what the human body reacts to huh?

Some guys stay so thin and develop no gynecomastia even though they drink like a fish and get high every single day....

I have an addiction to alcohol. I'm not a 'falling-down drunk' but do like my beer. Some people can take or leave alcohol. Now, some people are addicted to Coke (not the drink  :P). Myself, I am not. I've tried it several times and it has no affect on me what so ever. So I no longer endulge....

I read/heard somewhere that we all have certain 'receptors' in our bodies that makes us susceptible (feel the effects of) to certain chemicals/drugs. I guess it all comes down to  ' it's just the way we are '.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

GB 
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024