Author Topic: !@#$%^(*&^%$ I'm pissed! I hope that Dr. Bermant can chime in.  (Read 3944 times)

Offline B5S4 Conversion

• Posting Member
So I had surgery on the 20th and I dont care what anyone says but this p/s of mine didn't get the glad out!  My chest, (even though I'm still a bit swollen) looks just as bad as it ever has.  Especially when I bend forward.  I can’t see how this will tighten up any…as he stated in my 7-day follow-up.   He also did a belt line lipo and said that rather than going in through the areola he opted to go in through my armpit and use a special cannula to remove the glad and the traditional style cannula for the fat.  I asked him how he knew that he got the tissue out and he stated that he could "feel" it coming out with his fingers as he was performing the procedure.  He went on to tell me that the cannula he used for the glad/tissue was this sharp tipped style that can be used to break apart the glad and than excised out with the cannula.  Seriously?

If this turns out to be a bad outcome I have only myself to truly blame as I didn't do my due diligence.  He made it sound so easy, and stated that I'd be pleased with the overall outcome (lipo and gyno).  And considering my girlfriend and two other family members are patients/clients I got a good price for the surgery ($3k belt and chest lipo w/tissue excision, plus $1,500 for the anesthesiologist and surgery ctr.).  Well that's all nice, but can I be any more displeased with the outcome???

Then I call Dr. B's office and the gal tells me that he will not do a revision until 6 months have passed.  So what now, be depressed for six months?  I'm down...really down.  I wish I had came across Dr. B before I committed to this.

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
i don't know much, but i know me n you are in the same boat a bit..
i had my surgery on the 15th, two weeks ago and am having some major issues with fluid build up on my right side.  it looks bad and feels bad and i got it drained yesterday and its already swelling up again.

i'll tell you what everyone has told me on here, and thats just take a breath and be patient with the healing process.  it is a pretty invasive surgery, i'm not terribly please either and worried sick about being depressed for another 6 months myself, but i gotta keep thinking things will settle out and heal right.  if you don't do that you'll drive yourself crazy.

keep us updated on whats going on.

Offline jamo123

• Posting Member
i realy dont think you are leaving it long enough!

its been two weeks. not even that for the original poster. theres going to be swelling. simple as that. when you consider what the surgery consists of how could there not be?

im sure its completely normal. i think you may have been expecting too much too soon. your body is still in a state of shock and needs time to recover. only then will it start to look and feel right.

give it time and dont spend too much time infront of the mirror. we can be our own worst enemies at times.

good luck

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
One guy a while back said that he still had swelling at the 3 month mark.

Be patient guys...  Don't worry, let your bodies heal. Give it 6 months to a year and then you'll be in a better position to pass judgment on surgery results...

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

So I had surgery on the 20th and I dont care what anyone says but this p/s of mine didn't get the glad out!  My chest, (even though I'm still a bit swollen) looks just as bad as it ever has.  Especially when I bend forward.  I can’t see how this will tighten up any…as he stated in my 7-day follow-up.   He also did a belt line lipo and said that rather than going in through the areola he opted to go in through my armpit and use a special cannula to remove the glad and the traditional style cannula for the fat.  I asked him how he knew that he got the tissue out and he stated that he could "feel" it coming out with his fingers as he was performing the procedure.  He went on to tell me that the cannula he used for the glad/tissue was this sharp tipped style that can be used to break apart the glad and than excised out with the cannula.  Seriously?

If this turns out to be a bad outcome I have only myself to truly blame as I didn't do my due diligence.  He made it sound so easy, and stated that I'd be pleased with the overall outcome (lipo and gyno).  And considering my girlfriend and two other family members are patients/clients I got a good price for the surgery ($3k belt and chest lipo w/tissue excision, plus $1,500 for the anesthesiologist and surgery ctr.).  Well that's all nice, but can I be any more displeased with the outcome???

Then I call Dr. B's office and the gal tells me that he will not do a revision until 6 months have passed.  So what now, be depressed for six months?  I'm down...really down.  I wish I had came across Dr. B before I committed to this.

1 month after surgery is very early with some techniques.

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs (photos for revision gynecomastia evaluation) is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Tissues do change over time.  Swelling does evolve over time. 

While some complications need immediate attention, tissue typically needs to heal and evolve before considering Revising Previous Gynecomastia Surgery.  Pushing a decision too soon can result in unnecessary surgery, compromised results, and increased failures.  It is not six months, but until the tissues heal / soften as much as they are going to.  The time varies from individual to  individual.

Options for any one specific Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is better determined by someone familiar with that individual problem as determined by evaluation and examination.  Picking your surgeon is like picking an artist. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline B5S4 Conversion

• Posting Member

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs (photos for revision gynecomastia evaluation) is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

While some complications need immediate attention, tissue typically needs to heal and evolve before considering Revising Previous Gynecomastia Surgery.  Pushing a decision too soon can result in unnecessary surgery, compromised results, and increased failures.  It is not six months, but until the tissues heal / soften as much as they are going to.  The time varies from individual to  individual.

Options for any one specific Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is better determined by someone familiar with that individual problem as determined by evaluation and examination.  Picking your surgeon is like picking an artist. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Morning Dr. Bermant,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm curious though.  You made no mention of the procedure itself (Not having the supposed excision done through the areola).  Could you possibly address that?  I'm sure you could word it in such a way that none of your colleagues would take offense.  Lets be honest here, you are obviously at the top of your game and IMHO, with your proven results and track record I don't understand why any of your fellow P/S's wouldn’t do all of their gynecomastia procedures in the exact same fashion in which you do yours.  So with that said would you kindly chime in on the way in which my surgeon performed my chest related portion of my procedure?

BTW:  if I'm right and I'm not happy after a couple months, I'm delighted to hear that its NOT a 6 month wait necessarily as one of the girls at your office clearly stated...

DrBermant

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Morning Dr. Bermant,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm curious though.  You made no mention of the procedure itself (Not having the supposed excision done through the areola).  Could you possibly address that?  I'm sure you could word it in such a way that none of your colleagues would take offense.  Lets be honest here, you are obviously at the top of your game and IMHO, with your proven results and track record I don't understand why any of your fellow P/S's wouldn’t do all of their gynecomastia procedures in the exact same fashion in which you do yours.  So with that said would you kindly chime in on the way in which my surgeon performed my chest related portion of my procedure?

BTW:  if I'm right and I'm not happy after a couple months, I'm delighted to hear that its NOT a 6 month wait necessarily as one of the girls at your office clearly stated...

We are happy to help patients explore their options and what techniques may be appropriate during consultations or preliminary remote discussion.  My office staff was not wrong, they were right on target for the average patient.  Although some patients heal faster, most take 6 months or longer to heal and soften.  Healing cannot be rushed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My office staff was not wrong, they were right on target for the average patient.  Although some patients heal faster, most take 6 months or longer to heal and soften.  Healing cannot be rushed.

B5S4 Conversion...

We all heal at different rates Dude.

As Dr. Bermant mentioned, the results one patient achieves at (lets say) 4 weeks, it may take another patient 6 months or more.

GB

Offline B5S4 Conversion

• Posting Member

[/quote]

We are happy to help patients explore their options and what techniques may be appropriate during consultations or preliminary remote discussion.  My office staff was not wrong, they were right on target for the average patient.  Although some patients heal faster, most take 6 months or longer to heal and soften.  Healing cannot be rushed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
[/quote]

OK....thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024