Author Topic: Question to people who's had sucessful surgery  (Read 3017 times)

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
why do you still come on here?  :-\

i'm sure gyne as effected you for a lot of your life, so if you've had surgery and its worked i think to myself SURELLY you wouldn't want to hear the 'gyne' or 'manboobs' ever again right?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

It’s simple really .. if everyone who had had their surgery left these boards, who would be here to help and guide new people joining?

I remember what it was like finding this forum for the first time; finding people who knew how I felt; people who could guide me, encourage me and stop me feeling like a freak.  I’ll never forget that feeling of pure relief that I wasn’t alone.  Those people gave me pointers to medical help and then onto surgeons who were proficient in this type of surgery.  Where would I be if it wasn’t for them?

Some of us come back on here after surgery because we will never forget how that felt and we are so glad someone was here to help us.

That’s why we come back.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
why do you still come on here?  :-\

i'm sure gyne as effected you for a lot of your life, so if you've had surgery and its worked i think to myself SURELLY you wouldn't want to hear the 'gyne' or 'manboobs' ever again right?

You're absolutely right.  That's exactly the way I felt.  I spent a couple of months off the site because I had been so overwhelmed with the subject of "manboobs" that I thought I was going crazy.  My second surgery was a success and I had helped a lot of people on here by that time.  The problem was that after taking a couple of months away (which I really did need, by the way) I felt a need to get back on and help at least a few of the men who were going through the first stages of what I had already been through.  I just feel a need to give back by helping the cause.  Some time in the future I'll probably let it go, but then maybe not. 

Many of us leave after successful surgery and never come back, though.  That's why it seems that more posts are by men who are asking about or reporting surgery problems.  The ones who had great surgeries just don't post about them over and over like those who aren't happy about theirs.  That's another reason I feel I should hang around a little longer. 

BTW:
Thanks, Grandpa Bambu, for PM'ing/emailing me wondering where I was.  That's what made me realize I needed to come back. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline outertrial

It’s simple really .. if everyone who had had their surgery left these boards, who would be here to help and guide new people joining?

I remember what it was like finding this forum for the first time; finding people who knew how I felt; people who could guide me, encourage me and stop me feeling like a freak.  I’ll never forget that feeling of pure relief that I wasn’t alone.  Those people gave me pointers to medical help and then onto surgeons who were proficient in this type of surgery.  Where would I be if it wasn’t for them?

Some of us come back on here after surgery because we will never forget how that felt and we are so glad someone was here to help us.

That’s why we come back.

Offline sammi

• Posting Member
OMG, these guys are so amazing!!!!!  I would have been completly lost and further devestated had I not found the support here that I have encountered.  I have learned so much here in such a short period of time and I now know that my baby is not alone.  I looked up info on the web prior to finding this site and nothing even compares.  It's the men here who make this site so needed and so important!!!  I was truly blessed to have found support here, my ?'s are answered and I recieve emotional support as well.  You guys ROCK!!!  And after my son has completed this process I intend to visit often just in case there is a parent out there who is looking for answers as I was/am.  Thankyou all so much for doing what you do. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

That’s why we come back.

x2

Awesome post dude... my sentiments exactly!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The original observation is correct, Most of the people who have had successful surgical resolution to their Gynecomastia lose interest and leave the site.

Fortunately, There are a few who hang around and continue to share their insight and experience. The site is better because of their presence.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024