Author Topic: Just had surgery, few questions.  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Wheaty

• Posting Member
Hi there, a bit worrying reading through some of these threads but I have some questions to ask.

Just had surgery yesterday, my problem was puffy nipples, I got made fun out of heavily and I used to curse them everyday. Im not a fat guy, kind of slim. The nipples did stick out alot, and I had a definite fatty ring there. However, I think I was "just" starting to get used to them, and even worse I dropped all this money (well my pearants did) and I think working out may have (maybe) made it look acceptable :( .If anyone can take a few mins to answer some Q's it would be so helpful.

1. I paid £5K to remove my Puffy nipples, I think (looking at other peoples prices) that is way too much. I did not get it done with Dr Levick, I was with Bupa.

2. I hear results only start to show after 6months?

3. Do I have to stay at home until next Wednesday, when I get my stiches removed?

Lastly, and probably most important for me now is what procedure can I tell people I had? My Dad says that I should say I had a Cyst on my chest. People have suggested Belgin (sp) growth but Ive already told some people that they had to cut me up.

Thanks.

Offline inorbit

• Posting Member
Hey

I haven't had surgery so i can't offer any advice i'm afraid.

I have 'puffy nipples' and i find them a nightmare for two reasons - firstly, because i'm quite slim they look a little odd and stops me from taking my top off on holiday, swimming etc etc.  Secondly, having gunecomastis as a teen and being teased when going swimming etc has left quite a bad psychological effect.

I accept that i have it mild (tho still looking odd) but when they go from had (so i feel quite good) to puffy to feeling out of shape, unconfident etc so quickly my mood can change so suddenly.

I'm going to get the hormone blood tect done initially and take it from there.  I looked at Bupa's prces for male surgery of this type and it was £1,200 - £5,000 - i assumed that the prices reflected how much work was to be done and i thought if it was a more mild case and that it was just an excision and removal of the gland it would be closer to the lower end of the scale - there is no way i can afford £5,000 if it was that price i'll have to live with it for now, how bad was your case?

Cheers

Offline Wheaty

• Posting Member
Well it was just a fatty ring underneath the nipple.

Im seriously worried my pearants paid too much as I hear quotations of nearer £3000 in some cases.

Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, 5000 Quid is a tad dear dude...  I'm sure your parents could have gotten it done for less.

Some see 'results' right from the get-go... Some take as long as a full year to see results... It all depends on how the individual heals...

No, you don't have to 'stay at home' dude. If you feel up to it, go out and walk around your neighbourhood, go to a mall and window shop, etc... no upper-body physical activity tho.

Yeah, tell people that you had a few benign lumps removed... They'll accept that and you're not fibbing.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline sickman

• Bronze Member
  • moobs aint cool.
i wouldnt worry bout the price difference bro
my op's booked next week
costing around 5k too
on BUPA aswell
hey, aslong as it gets done nicely
im all on it

i need an excuse to tell my mates too lol
tell me when u get a good one

Offline Wheaty

• Posting Member
Yeah, 5000 Quid is a tad dear dude...  I'm sure your parents could have gotten it done for less.

Some see 'results' right from the get-go... Some take as long as a full year to see results... It all depends on how the individual heals...

No, you don't have to 'stay at home' dude. If you feel up to it, go out and walk around your neighbourhood, go to a mall and window shop, etc... no upper-body physical activity tho.

Yeah, tell people that you had a few benign lumps removed... They'll accept that and you're not fibbing.  ;)

GB

Thing is Im wearing a very chunky vest, its very awkward and I look stupid in it.

Also I feel very very bloated, Im not comfortable at all. :(

Offline Wheaty

• Posting Member
Also how long do I have to wear the compression vest?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

At least 3 weeks dude...

GB

Offline Wheaty

• Posting Member

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
i m 1 week post op, and my comp vest itches, have been using it for 3 days continuously, removing it for bath only ( and an hour a day maybe) i will b getting another vest tomm, is this itching common? I m able to feel the scar, its kind of lump just beneath where the areola ends. it pains

ciao
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

DrBermant

Hi there, a bit worrying reading through some of these threads but I have some questions to ask.

Just had surgery yesterday, my problem was puffy nipples, I got made fun out of heavily and I used to curse them everyday. Im not a fat guy, kind of slim. The nipples did stick out alot, and I had a definite fatty ring there. However, I think I was "just" starting to get used to them, and even worse I dropped all this money (well my pearants did) and I think working out may have (maybe) made it look acceptable :( .If anyone can take a few mins to answer some Q's it would be so helpful.

1. I paid £5K to remove my Puffy nipples, I think (looking at other peoples prices) that is way too much. I did not get it done with Dr Levick, I was with Bupa.

2. I hear results only start to show after 6months?

3. Do I have to stay at home until next Wednesday, when I get my stiches removed?

Lastly, and probably most important for me now is what procedure can I tell people I had? My Dad says that I should say I had a Cyst on my chest. People have suggested Belgin (sp) growth but Ive already told some people that they had to cut me up.

Thanks.

One day is very early after surgery for some techniques.

Posting Standardized Before and After Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften. 

My patients typically have dissolvable sutures that do not need to be removed. Most are up and about the day of surgery and do not need to stay at home.  Restrictions depend on many factors.

You can see other examples of early results:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compared to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

i m 1 week post op, and my comp vest itches.

You might want to try wearing a fairly tight t-shirt under your vest. This may alleviate the itchiness.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024