Author Topic: Cost of endocrinologist appointment?  (Read 7271 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
For those of you who have gone to an endo, how much did you pay for the visit + lab?  Mine is tomorrow but I'm kind of skeptical about whether or not I really should spend the money on it.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
no clue, send me a PM when you find out tho!

Offline rcbrown23

I did not have insurance and I had to pay $1300 for EVERYTHING.

Usually, it should be under $1000 (around $700-$900) for the basic tests. I ran more than usuall for other symtoms. I would have to recommend going...I'm 25, very healthy anf fit, and I found an underlying issue that would have caused re-growth. The $800 is a hell of a lot better than another operation at $5000.

-Brown

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Why is it so much to do basic hormone tests?! :o

I feel like I'm never going to have enough money to solve my health problems now. Man, this is f*cking insane for it to cost that much.  >:(

Offline rcbrown23

The tests are expensive themselve's...anyone with insurance should easily get this covered, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you have insurance. They'll cover it.

The only reason I paid out of pocket is because I work  for myself (freelance) and did not have insurance at the time. I had some extra money, so I went and had the tests done. I could have easily waited a month or so and gotten insurance and only paid $150, but like I said, I had some extra money and did not want to wait.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
The only problem is I don't have insurance either.

I seriously do not have this kind of money.  Oh well, maybe it'll be a little cheaper for me.

It just sucks because I was saving up for a new car and now I have to spend that money on this sh*t.  It pisses me off even more to think how much money those doctors have, yet they still charge so much for a simple blood test?!

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I have BlueCross BlueShield of Louisiana.  Will they be paying for most of this?  I really don't want to go tomorrow if it's $900 or thereabouts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024