Author Topic: Static/Dynamic depression: Dr. Bermant  (Read 3202 times)

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
Dr. Bermant, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this:

Can an areaolar depression/concavity be fixed or decreased in 'depth' with a liposuction cannula?

In other words, if there's a depression can one  "break" or separate the adhesion of the arealar complex and the underlying tissue? Then allow it to re-heal in a different manner to reduce or eliminate the depression? Or would this just lead to a deeper concavity, further deformity and/or scarring?

Or is the only way to remedy a depression by fat transfer, fat flap, etc.?

TIA

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this:

Can an areaolar depression/concavity be fixed or decreased in 'depth' with a liposuction cannula?

In other words, if there's a depression can one  "break" or separate the adhesion of the arealar complex and the underlying tissue? Then allow it to re-heal in a different manner to reduce or eliminate the depression? Or would this just lead to a deeper concavity, further deformity and/or scarring?

Or is the only way to remedy a depression by fat transfer, fat flap, etc.?

TIA

Typically a depression from missing tissue is not released by cutting a scar and letting the same tissue heal together again.  When I revise a scar, tissue is nomally moved from one place to another.  For an adhesion that has the force of fat to push the depression back out, cutting the scar with a cutting cannula can help.

My Fat Flap Sculpture is a great tool that permits me to move adjacent fat into the defect restoring a natural layer of fat that typically cushions skin from muscle.  However, Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can take many forms.  Each problem is best evaluated and with my Dynamic Technique, the operation evolves based on what I find during the operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
Thank you for the reply Dr. Bermant.  8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024