Author Topic: Can Gynecomastia be treated with laser?  (Read 4262 times)

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
hi guys
can gynecomastia be treated with laser ?????????///

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
This is at least 10 years away, unfortunately, as it has to be perfected for breast cancer first, which is what is currently being done. 

Also, a company has to invest interest and money to apply it to our cause.

Offline Jason

• Posting Member
I would rather have a skilled surgeon use a knife that he can control and feel.  I've been in factories where they cut 1-inch thick steel with lasers and I wouldn't want that anywhere near my moobs.  That would definately leave a mark!

Don't worry about the star trek hocus pocus.  Just find yourself a skilled surgeon like Dr. Bermant and you'll be happy.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:10:04 AM by cleanup »

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
yes i know
but i just want to know if it really exist

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Here's a reply I got from www.fusfoundation.org:

While it's certainly likely that tissue ablation using focused ultrasound for glandular gynecomastia is possible, it is not clinically approved by the FDA or by treatment centers overseas yet.  Treatment of breast cancer is undergoing clinical trials at the moment, which would involve a similar treatment plan.

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
nice
i really hope that they find anything to help the next generation
i feel its pain wile some people make it funny  >:(

DrBermant

hi guys
can gynecomastia be treated with laser ?????????///

I have evolved my Dynamic Technique for Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction over many years to include an artist's palette of different tools and methods. To date lasers are not satisfactory in what they offer to be included.

I have evaluated many lasers over the years and do not feel they have anything to offer for gynecomastia surgery.  Through the skin laser blasting of fat cells will leave the debris behind for the body to deal with and does not permit removal of firmer gland.  What I have seen of the results disappoint me greatly.  Of the many results seen on my website, none have been done with laser.

By controlling tissue damage my techniques result in:

I am proud to have patients typically tell me that the Tylenol alone is enough to make them comfortable after surgery and that they used few or none of the stronger prescription medication.  It is not the tools uses, but the skill of the artist that gives the results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
for sure it helped
thanks alot doctor
how about injections? i heared about it
they do inject the breast so get rid of it by dissilving it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024