Author Topic: A local surgeon makes incision in the armpit rather than the nipple  (Read 1999 times)

Offline bosco

• Posting Member
A local surgeon makes incision in the armpit rather than the nipple. This leaves no scar around the areola. Just wondering how common this is. I would much rather not have the scar on my chest.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Some surgeons do use the 'armpit' method but IMO, I can't imagine how the PS would get the gland out with this procedure...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline proxie

• Posting Member
Dr. Metzner in Lousiana does this procedure through the armpit and "nukem" who used to frequent these boards had fantastic results from him.  Flat and natural and no areola scars.  I think Dr. Paul Levick in the U.K. does it this way as well and if you read the U.K. boards, most of his patients are satisfied.  It's not just liposuction these guys are doing, they reach in their and can pull/excise the gland out somehow.  I had it explained to me before, but of course, definitely talk to a PS who's skilled in this type of procedure.  It's an exciting alternative to just putting up with an areola scar.

Who's the local surgeon you mentioned bosco?

Offline bosco

• Posting Member
Dr. Metzner is the sergeon that I was referring to here in the New Orleans area. He is very popular-hard to get an appointment.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024