Author Topic: Nuclear stress test for clearance for General Anesthesia? Seriously?  (Read 2924 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I need some advice here. My primaray care physician sends "everybody" to have a nuclear stress test before he will clear his patients for general anesthesia. This is one thing standing between me and getting this surgery done.

Its $5,000 for this test where you swallow a radioactive pill, then they have you run on a treadmill and do imaging of your arteries,.. or something like that.

Has anyone else had to do this for clearance for gynecomasyia surgery? I'm no doctor, but it strikes me as unusual as I have never heard of this before.

I have no heart issues. The GP doctors office just says they routinely send all patients getting surgery for this test as a normal part of pre-op.

Seriously, if you add up all the pre-op my GP is putting me thru, it is well over $10,000 worth of pre-op. Something is just not right here.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I am older, ( 50)and yes I do have some health issues. But my doctor says they send everyone for a nuclear stress test regardless.

Its not the plastic surgeon requesting the nuclear stress test. The plastic surgeon simply requested clearance from my regular doctor. Its my regular doctor thats wants me to do all this BS.

Offline flex1appeal

1st and foremost, a GP has no clue on hormones and muscle fatigue. They are a "jack of all trades and a master of none" so to speak. You really outta be getting an endocrinologist to clear you and have your low test and fatigue diagnosed. I am certain an endo will tell you that is why you are having problems. Also, I have not heard of anyone, besides you, stating that a PS requires you to be cleared by a GP before he will perform surgery. I know Dr Perry didn't require it. Not saying that is a bad requirement or anything but it just doesn't seem real common amoungst PS to require that. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024